• 2,262,352 Discussions
  • 7,900,578 Comments

Discussions

Error Migrating Webcenter Framework Application to Portal Application

Shubham88
Shubham88 Member Posts: 28
edited Sep 6, 2018 2:29AM in WebCenter Portal

Hi All ,

We are trying to Upgrade our Application from 11.1.1.9 to 12 c for which we are migrating our current Framework Application to Portal Application in 11.1.1.9.

We are following this document https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/11119/wcp/admin/wcadm_custapp_migration.htm

While running the WLST command we are getting issues:

Command :migrateFrameworkApplicationToWebCenter(appName='webcenter',fwkAppName='******',server='WC_Spaces1',fwkAppServer='support_server',adminUrl='t3://*****',adminUser='weblogic',targetPortal='Portal1',migrationDirectory='/opt/apps/12cMigration/scratch/migrate',navigationFile='/oracle/webcenter/portalapp/navigations/default-navigation-model.xml')

In Logs i get below:

82 documents successfully transferred.

Already in Domain Runtime Tree

Already in Domain Runtime Tree

Unable to find the LifecycleManager MBean

Unable to find the LifecycleManager MBean

Error occurred while performing framework application migration. Check the Spaces server log file for further details.

javax.management.MBeanException: Framework application migration failed because of one or more handler(s).

at weblogic.rjvm.ResponseImpl.unmarshalReturn(ResponseImpl.java:237)

Detailed log shows below 2 errors:

Error getting handle to application policy for application ServicePortal.
oracle.security.jps.service.policystore.PolicyObjectNotFoundException: JPS-04028: Application with name "XXXX" does not exist.
at oracle.security.jps.internal.policystore.ldap.LdapPolicyStore.unsync_getApplicationPolicy(LdapPolicyStore.java:810)
at oracle.security.jps.internal.policystore.ldap.LdapPolicyStore.getApplicationPolicy(LdapPolicyStore.java:923)
at oracle.webcenter.security.common.SecurityHelper$2.run(SecurityHelper.java:316)

Error occurred while migrating the assets, asset type: navigation.
oracle.webcenter.migration.framework.exception.MigrationException: Unable to locate lifecycle manager MBean.
at oracle.webcenter.migration.handler.AssetMigrationHandler.getLifecycleManagerMBean(AssetMigrationHandler.java:566)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.handler.AssetMigrationHandler.exportAsset(AssetMigrationHandler.java:269)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.handler.AssetMigrationHandler.migrateAssets(AssetMigrationHandler.java:172)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.handler.NavigationMigrationHandler.migrate(NavigationMigrationHandler.java:55)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.framework.MigrationManager.handleMigrate(MigrationManager.java:178)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.framework.MigrationManager.performMigration(MigrationManager.java:141)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.framework.MigrationManager.doMigration(MigrationManager.java:106)
at oracle.webcenter.migration.mxbean.FwkAppMigrationManager.migrateFwkApp(FwkAppMigrationManager.java:77)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at oracle.as.jmx.framework.standardmbeans.spi.OracleStandardEmitterMBean.doInvoke(OracleStandardEmitterMBean.java:1026)
at oracle.adf.mbean.share.AdfMBeanInterceptor.internalInvoke(AdfMBeanInterceptor.java:104)

We are unable to proceed with Migration and upgrade .

Answers

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 5, 2018 2:33AM

Hi,

Are your WC_Spaces / Portal and Custom Portal servers up? Have you created Portal1 in Spaces?

Unable to find the LifecycleManager MBean usually is due to manage server is down.

About Policy Store it is not able to get the Policies in the Policy Stripe of your App, list the Stripes using WLST and check if it is using the correct name to get your app policies.

Kind regards.

• Shubham88
    edited Sep 5, 2018 3:47AM

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reply.

Yes i have created Portal1 in my spaces server WC_Spaces1 and both my server are up.

For the Policy our App dont have any application policy as what i can see in application Security -->Application policy.

• Shubham88
    edited Sep 5, 2018 3:58AM
  • Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 6, 2018 2:29AM

Hi,

In Oracle WebCenter Portal always there is a policy stripe associated to your app. Here is where your Application Roles / Permissions are stored (jazn-data.xml)

In case of Framework Portal it is the same as the app-id specified in adf-config.xml

Have you fixed it already?

My suggestion here is to open an Oracle SR in this case as from the forum will be slower I can detect what is happening.

Kind regards.

This discussion has been closed.