• 2,264,055 Discussions
  • 7,904,923 Comments

Discussions

Content Presenter taskflow in 12c

Shubham88
Shubham88 Member Posts: 28
edited Sep 5, 2018 11:07AM in WebCenter Portal

Hi All ,

I am upgrading my code from 11.1.1.9 framework application to 12c portal App.

Our application used doclib content Presenter taskflow at many places ,which i dont find in 12 c .

Please help me what it has been replaced with in 12 c and how can i use content in my pages.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 5, 2018 4:54AM Answer ✓

Hi again,

If you are referring that you are using Content Presenter wrapped in your own Task Flows you should know that in Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c the WebCenter Framework has been removed in JDeveloper / Integrated WebLogic. You cannot test these Task Flows locally as you were doing before. But, it should work when deploying them into WCP 12c as shared-lib.

Note: Now, it is not a good practice to use Out-of-the-box TFs wrapped by your own Task Flows.

More information: JDeveloper WebCenter Libraries (located in your JDev installation Oracle_Home\jdeveloper\webcenter\modules\oracle.webcenter.framework) does not contain all WebCenter Framework libraries now.

If there is any missing WebCenter Library you can always copy from a WCP 12c installation to that folder and create a Library Project.

I hope this information helps you.

Kind regards.

Answers

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Sep 5, 2018 4:50AM

Hi

Content Presenter is still available in 12c, so you should not have issues at all.

Make sure you have enabled Document Services and you have an active connection to your WebCenter Content.

Kind regards.

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Sep 5, 2018 4:54AM Answer ✓

Hi again,

If you are referring that you are using Content Presenter wrapped in your own Task Flows you should know that in Oracle WebCenter Portal 12c the WebCenter Framework has been removed in JDeveloper / Integrated WebLogic. You cannot test these Task Flows locally as you were doing before. But, it should work when deploying them into WCP 12c as shared-lib.

Note: Now, it is not a good practice to use Out-of-the-box TFs wrapped by your own Task Flows.

More information: JDeveloper WebCenter Libraries (located in your JDev installation Oracle_Home\jdeveloper\webcenter\modules\oracle.webcenter.framework) does not contain all WebCenter Framework libraries now.

If there is any missing WebCenter Library you can always copy from a WCP 12c installation to that folder and create a Library Project.

I hope this information helps you.

Kind regards.

This discussion has been closed.