• 7,905,419 Comments

Discussions

How to default system errors in Webcenter portal

user8012501
user8012501 Member Posts: 153
edited Sep 19, 2018 9:45AM in WebCenter Portal

Hi,

I am working JDev 12.2.1.3.

Is there a way we can throw some generic error messages(page) in the webcenter portal for any server errors.

I tried with web.xml error codes but not sure its working as expected.

Any inputs are appreciated.

-Thanks,

Answers

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 19, 2018 2:37AM

Hi,

There are multiple layers of Error Handling in WebCenter Portal depending on how you are implementing your components.

• If you are developing ADF Bounded Task Flows then the errors should be catched and treated in the Task Flow level.
    • If you do not want to handle in ADF Task Flow / Portlet (Component) level. You can not handle it and then propagate it to WebCenter Portal which has already implemented its own Error Handling mechanism.

The Oracle WebCenter Portal Error Handling implementation used the  Pages in Administration -> System Pages such us Error Encountered which can be customised.

You cannot overwrite easily this behaviour as Oracle WebCenter Portal is a pre-built J2EE Application. If you need further help or some custom tricks if you want to customise hard or make a workaround let me know .

Kind regards.

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Sep 19, 2018 2:40AM

Hi again,

An option I use to do is to use also RewriteRules in HTTP Server (OHS or Apache) to redirect the WebCenter Portal Error Page to a custom one with custom message etc...

It is an alternative too.

Kind regards.

user8012501
  • user8012501
    user8012501 Member Posts: 153
    edited Sep 19, 2018 9:35AM

Thank you for your response Daniel.

We are using ADF with WebCenter portal. We are doing exception handling using adfc-config.xml and also default exception classes to handling with in application errors. My requirement is to handle above application level errors, I mean environment down issues/server now available/services are down...

I will try your other approach RewriteRules in HTTP Server. Thank you for your inputs.

-Thanks,

• Daniel Merchán
    edited Sep 19, 2018 9:45AM

The rewrite rules I mentioned assumes WCP is running and sending to you to its own error page (as it is handling the error).

If WCP is not responding (down or other reason) then you need to create and setup static HTML error pages in your Apache HTTP Server or OHS using ErrorDocument directive.

With ErrorDocument you can specified the static HTML Pages for a response HTTP 500, 404 etc... given by you Application Tier.

Kind regards.

This discussion has been closed.