Forum Stats

• 3,852,452 Users
  • 2,264,105 Discussions
  • 7,905,069 Comments

Discussions

How to create a jquery enable image banner in portal applicaiton.

3717022 Member Posts: 40
edited Sep 24, 2018 2:24AM in WebCenter Portal

Hi,

Please help to understand how to create image slider with the use of JavaScript and jquery in webcenter portal or in jdeveloper and if we are using jdeveloper than how can i  use image stored in content server in the banner,

Steps to deploy the banner to the portal server.

Kindly explain in brief ..

Here I am using WCP 12.2.1.0 and WCC 12.2.1.0 and jdeveloper 12.2.1.3

thanks and Regards.

Tagged:

Answers

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 20, 2018 7:57AM

Hi,

You must not use JDeveloper in a higher version of your current Oracle WebCenter Portal version. Your ADF versions are not matching and you can have problems.

So if you are in 12.2.1 use JDeveloper 12.2.1

In addition, I discourage the usage of 12.2.1. I strongly recommed to you to advice your client to upgrade to 12.2.1.3

About your question you can achieve it in multiple ways. One of them is by using Content Presenter

• Create a Content Presenter Template of type Multiple Items which uses JQuery to rendere a carousel of images
    • Configure a Content Presenter Task Flow in your WCP to query or setup the folder path of the images to be shown.

https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12213/wcp/develop/GUID-5E84E361-90AC-48F3-8CDC-268598A407AC.htm#JPSDG-GUID-88C55A8B-4…

I am sending the official documentation 12.2.1.3 as it is not clear to me which release are your working on.

Another approach is to create your own Custom Task Flow querying by RIDC the Images and rendering your carousel.

Kind regards.

3717022 Member Posts: 40
    edited Sep 21, 2018 10:30PM

Thanks for the reply,

If i am using content presenter cutomization in jdeveloper , the challenge here is how to set image in the banner if i have stored image in content server.

• Daniel Merchán
    Daniel Merchán Enterprise Achitect Member Posts: 2,192 Gold Trophy
    edited Sep 24, 2018 2:24AM

I am afraid of the terminology you are using.

You do not have any need of applying Content Presenter MDS Seeded Customisations.

You just need to develop your Content Presenter Template of type List of items and iterate over the images.

For loading external resources you have many choices using af:resource or other tags to load JS or CSS. Some are

• Place your files in HTTP Server and refer it as /../mystaticfolder/js (which I think you do not want).

• If placed in WebCenter Content you have many choices
      • Copy & Paste the Web Layout URL of your static resource /cs/groups./.../jquery-min.js
      • Use the conn servlet. E.g.: /content/conn/YourUCMConnectionName/path/Enterprise%20Libraries/...yourpathtoyourstatic/jquery-min.js

Kind regards.

This discussion has been closed.