• 2,251,356 Discussions
  • 7,870,118 Comments

Discussions

BPEL Deployment

ponicpool
ponicpool Member Posts: 110
edited Feb 26, 2020 10:33AM in Business Process Management Suite

Hello,

I am a newbie as BPEL is concerned and perhaps the question is trivial for fellow members, hence excuse for the ignorance.

My question is regarding the BPEL process deployment, which is, once a BPEL process is developed, is it deployed to Weblogic Server or to a component of SOA Suite?

Appreciate any insight or help on this.

Regards

Martien van den Akkerponicpool

Best Answer

• Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Oct 2, 2018 7:48AM Accepted Answer

HI,

In short, SOAServer is the weblogic managed server that has the SOASuite components targetted to it.

There's a bit more to it, but this is the short answer.

So, when I say that you deploy a BPEL process to SOASuite, in essence you deploy it to the/a SOAServer.

Regards,
    Martien

ponicpool

Answers

• Martien van den Akker
    edited Oct 2, 2018 2:29AM

Hi,

Weblogic is a JEE Application Server, and thus runs Java EE applications. SOA Suite is such a Java EE Application that consist of a set of Engines that run different type of components like BPEL, Mediator, Rules, Adapters, etc.

A BPEL process (in 11g+) is part of a composite application, that can consist of multiple other components of different types. A BPEL process is also an XML file, of a specific structure defined by the BPEL standard, and is to be interpretted.

So you deploy a composite to the SOASuite infrastructure, that extracts all the components and then target each component to the appropriate engine.

In JDeveloper you create a connection to a Weblogic Server. But as soon as you try to deploy a SOA application the AdminServer will redirect you to the SOA Server(s).

Regards,
    Martien

ponicpool
  • ponicpool
    edited Oct 2, 2018 2:40AM

Thanks for the insight.

Does the SOA Suite includes the following

• Service Bus
    • B2B
    • Oracle Enterprise Scheduler (ESS)
    • Business Activity Monitoring
  • Martien van den Akker
    edited Oct 2, 2018 3:59AM

Hi

• Service Bus -> It is on the pricelist part of SOASuite, I believe, but it is a separate installer
    • B2B -> Yes, but disabled by default
    • Oracle Enterprise Scheduler (ESS) -> No, separate installer
    • Business Activity Monitoring -> No, sepatate installer, but natively integrated with BPM and SOA.

Regards,

Martien

• ponicpool
    edited Oct 2, 2018 6:29AM

Your answer leads me to another trivial question, where do I deploy BPEL process, is it SOA Server? or when SOA Suite is installed, SOA Server is bundled with it?

• Martien van den Akker
    edited Oct 2, 2018 7:48AM Accepted Answer

HI,

In short, SOAServer is the weblogic managed server that has the SOASuite components targetted to it.

There's a bit more to it, but this is the short answer.

So, when I say that you deploy a BPEL process to SOASuite, in essence you deploy it to the/a SOAServer.

Regards,
    Martien

ponicpool
  • ponicpool
    edited Oct 2, 2018 8:12AM

Alright, so far my understanding regarding the BPEL process deployment is that SOA Suite is required and SOA Server is part of the suite. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Martien, thanks for the information and insight.

Martien van den Akker
  • Martien van den Akker
    edited Oct 2, 2018 8:07AM

Yep, that is correct.

Regards,
    Martien

ponicpool