Forum Stats

• 3,814,405 Users
  • 2,258,870 Discussions
  • 7,892,699 Comments

Discussions

DISCOVERER Administrator, -Desktop: Identify connection DB-Instance after logon - update

mrigg
mrigg Member Posts: 98 Blue Ribbon
edited Oct 31, 2018 11:20AM in Discoverer

pastedImage_0.png

This question (DISCOVERER Administrator, -Desktop: Identify connection DB-Instance after logon ) posted by @LPNO  is now archived, but in case the OP or anyone else is still interested, I found a better answer.

There is a function SYS.DATABASE_NAME that returns the connection name.  I was able to register it in Discoverer Administrator and use it in reports.  Wish I'd found that sooner!

Answers

• sbeck-Oracle
    sbeck-Oracle Member Posts: 116 Employee
    edited Oct 16, 2018 7:45AM

Hello,

To begin with, you should not be using a Database login to administer an Apps Mode (EBS) EUL.  You should be using sysadmin or other user.    The EUL schema should only be used to create the EUL and provide Admin privileges to an EBS user.  Nothing else ever.

Two things you can do.  First is to give the EUL schema unique name (eg. PRODEUL_US, TESTEUL_US).

Second, when giving Discoverer Administration access to an EBS user, provide a unique EBS name existing only in "that" EUL.  Example:  the default (as seen in the using Discoverer with EBS Note 1073963.1 Note 1074326.1 and Note 1380591.1) is sysadmin.  In the production EBS system create ProdSysadmin and in the test EBS system create TestSysadmin.

Use of the different EBS user to administer the EUL can be an issue if you move workbooks from one EUL to the other.  On Admin import of the eex file, be sure to select the option to only take ownership of workbooks if the owner does not exist. 

Either of these methods will show in Help / About Discoverer.   The preferred method is the first, unique EUL schema names.  This is because the only place that references the actual EUL name is Preferences Server.  It is not used by Plus, or Viewer in the connection process.

Note 1073963.1 - Using Discoverer 11.1.1 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i

Note 1074326.1 - Using Discoverer 11.1.1 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12

Note 1380591.1 - Using Discoverer 11.1.1 with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2

Regards,
    Sharon

• mrigg
    mrigg Member Posts: 98 Blue Ribbon
    edited Oct 17, 2018 7:51AM

Was that reply directed at me?  I was just trying to update an earlier discussion that had been archived (link in original post).  User LPNO was trying to find a way to display the database connection within Discoverer Desktop or Admin (if I understood the question correctly).  I found a function that worked for me and wanted to pass on the info.  I'm not sure if LPNO is working with EBS; I'm not familiar with it.  Maybe I confused things by putting a screen shot of the original message in my post.

• sbeck-Oracle
    sbeck-Oracle Member Posts: 116 Employee
    edited Oct 18, 2018 7:38AM

I missed the last line in the "repost".   But I can tell you LPNO is using EBS.  The default name of an EBS EUL is EU_US.  Thank you for your response regarding the function. 

mrigg