- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 534.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.6K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
Oracle ACM API - Java API vs SOAP/REST
I am in Oracle SOA/BPM Suite 188.8.131.52 and we are using Adaptive Case Management in our project.
When creating a Case Composite, automatically you are exposing a service for start, suspend etc... a Case.
In the past, the only way for interacting with a Case was the EJB API which can be exposed as SOAP/REST in SOA Suite if needed.
I have been exploring the possibility of the Case REST API available in this release. I have raised some Oracle SRs as I found it some buggy and got some bug fixes.
In this post I would like to ask your personal experience and preferences:
- Only usage of ACM Java API exposed as SOAP/REST?
- Usage of the REST ACM API? I found this API does not contain all methods I wanted (such as Raise an Event manually). So mixed REST/Java approach?
Any thought, previous / current experience or pain sharing is more than welcome .
Thanks in advance.