• 3,838,691 Users
  • 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,732 Comments

Discussions

PBCS Export of ASO Data

Teresa Modesta
Teresa Modesta Member Posts: 313
edited Feb 19, 2019 11:26AM in Planning and Budgeting

I go into calculation manager, open database properties, navigate to an ASO cube, click to expand the node and click on the DB, alt-click and select 'export level zero data', name my export as it will appear in the inbox.

Navigate to the inbox and download the file.

Open the file format and find a riddle wrapped in an enigma hiding a mystery.

My question is, how can I reformat / restructure the export to make the data useful to load into either a database or excel?

If not, what is the point of this export?!

Tagged:
AL.USER1211

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Nov 12, 2018 5:54AM

Unfortunately the export will be in Essbase format and not column format for excel or a database. The point is that it can be loaded directly into another ASO database, say for example in a test/prod environment.

Cheers

John

AL.Teresa Modesta
  • Teresa Modesta
    edited Nov 12, 2018 7:23AM

Thanks - not the answer I was looking for, but thank you!

I guess I could delete everything from the ASO cube in question on another environment, export the data, import to target, if I only wanted a subset of the data?

Or are the any other ways to export partial data from PBCS ASO cube to migrate to another environment?

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Nov 12, 2018 8:15AM

One alternative would be to look if you could use Data Management to extract from the ASO cube and produce a formatted file which you can load into another environment.

USER1211Teresa Modesta
  • Teresa Modesta
    edited Nov 13, 2018 4:37AM

I will give that a look.

Thank you again,

Teresa X.

• Vatsal G
    Vatsal G Member Posts: 1
    edited Feb 19, 2019 11:26AM

@John,

This is an old post (relatively), but is it possible to export the data using Oracle data management but to 12 columns, 1 for each period? I have been successful in extracting to one period column in the custom application.

Please let me know

Vatsal G