• 2,266,726 Discussions
  • 7,911,825 Comments

Discussions

Loading YTD data from Planning to HFM

Mikkis
Mikkis Member Posts: 223 Blue Ribbon
edited Nov 21, 2018 9:19AM in Financial Data Management

Hi

Has anyone loaded Dynamic YTD (eg. JanYTD instead of Jan) Budget values from Planning application as source to HFM applicaiton as target using FDMEE. We are in 11.1.2.4

We tried to load Periodic but it is causing variances as certain months have no data in Planning and HFM is backing out prior month periodic to make YTD as 0 instead of loading zeros. We cannot load zeros in periodic as we can't create zeros in Essbase and FDMEE is set to skip zeros for Actuals.

Edit: We do have zeros in months in Essbase. So I guess that makes it easier. I might look into changing the setting to Skip Zeros to No for this location when loading Budget. Trying to use NZP along with Periodic data and see if that works

Let me know if there is better way than this.

Thanks in advance!

Mikkis

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeo123
    Jeo123 Member Posts: 515 Gold Badge
    edited Nov 16, 2018 2:07PM

We do this by exporting data to an oracle database via a maxl batch.  By exporting the full year, we can then sum the year to create a YTD amount via SQL Selects.

Mikkis
  • Mikkis
    edited Nov 19, 2018 9:50AM

Loading to Tables through MAXL is good idea but wanted to have everything at one place and reduce the number of moving parts where possible.

I was able to use NZP along with Load Zeros setting to finally load the zeros to HFM in periodic and get decent results. But we do have some months with #MISSING and that is not loading to HFM causing HFM to back out Periodic.

Any ideas on how to load #MI as zeros in FDMEE from Essbase to HFM.

Edit: I wrote an import script to replace #MI with zeros. Let me know if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance

Mikkis

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,192 Bronze Crown
    edited Nov 19, 2018 11:53AM

Are you loading to a Budget scenario in HFM?

If that is the case then perhaps it would have been better to configure the ZeroViewForAdjustments and ZeroViewForNonAdjustments properties for the Budget Scenario to be Periodic and not YTD. This would stop HFM implicitly backing out data to make the YTD 0

Mikkis
  • Mikkis
    edited Nov 19, 2018 1:36PM

Yes for Budget in HFM. We are looking into that option as well but we did load YTD values for prior years in Budget using Data Synchronization. Just need to see if that data will be impacted if we make this setting change starting this year.

• SH_INT
    SH_INT Member Posts: 3,192 Bronze Crown
    edited Nov 20, 2018 4:54AM

I imagine it will impact those prior year numbers, but you could always reload the prior year budgets as periodic as well. The setting of the properties should really have been better considered at the inception of the HFM design, but quite surprisingly it often isn't in my experience. Typically if you are populating the Budget numbers in HFM from a Planning system the values will be periodic and not YTD.

Mikkis
  • Mikkis
    edited Nov 21, 2018 9:19AM

Thanks for your response. We have been loading YTD values with Data Syncs so never thought about changing the setting that is working perfectly fine.

What's surprising to me is why FDMEE didn't provide an option to extract Dynamic Time Series values with Essbase as source.