- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 63 Insurance
- 536.4K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.3K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.8K Cloud Platform
- 109.5K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
Perform FULL DB Export datapump from SQLDEVELOPER
We have several application teams would like to migrate the on-premise database to cloud and want to leverage the datapump from application/middle-tier to migrate the small databases upto 200G size.
As part of this migration that application wants to manage, they have options to migrate either schema level or database level export and import using datapump utility
My Questions are:
1. What are various methods available for application users to migrate the database without help of a DBA or without SYSDBA privilege?
2. Can SQLDEVELOPER from middle tier be leveraged for both Schema Level and DB(Full) export/import?
3. Does SQLDEVELOPER writes dump file locally in the middle-tier or db tier?
4. Can we perform direct import in the target connecting to source using DBLINK to cloud DB?
5. Any other best practices
Please share your valuable suggestions and inputs
Thanks in advance