Forum Stats

• 3,852,479 Users
  • 2,264,108 Discussions
  • 7,905,079 Comments

Discussions

Oracle Webcenter Sites 11.1.1.8 set up multi language in a site already created...

Juan Vallejo
Juan Vallejo Member Posts: 17
edited Jan 27, 2019 1:24AM in WebCenter Sites

Hello team

I need to configure the language in a site, and enable the active type dimension and dimension set ... I need to know how to use the language filter .. I would appreciate your help .. thank you very much

Answers

• Graham L
    Graham L Member Posts: 69 Blue Ribbon
    edited Dec 18, 2018 12:51PM
  • Nirav Varma
    Nirav Varma Member Posts: 484 Gold Badge
    edited Jan 27, 2019 1:24AM

Hello Jaun,

It is easy to setup dimension and dimensionset for existing site. I am providing you summarized version of what needs to be done below. Let's consider you need 2 languages for your site: en and fr. Considering that all your content is already present in English language but no dimension is assigned to any assets, then do the following:

1. Create "en" & "fr" dimensions & 1 dimensionset (name it which is most sensible for e.g. sitename + "_DimSet"). Include both languages/dimensions within this Dimension and assign this "en" all the assets whichever is English content. How to? Create utility which should set dimensions for all the English assets using Asset API or WCS tags
    2. Once assets are updated with "en" dimension, you can now translate the asset in "fr". One thing you should note is that content is not translated, it just creates a link with "en" language asset and that's it. You will have manually enter "fr" content.
    3. Check FirstSiteII which would help you in understanding how to write implementation of displaying language content

It will take a while to grasp the idea but it is not that hard once you know what to do. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Regards

NV