• 2,259,067 Discussions
  • 7,893,207 Comments

Discussions

Data Load Mapping - Period/Year

TheMayor
TheMayor Member Posts: 22 Red Ribbon
edited Dec 18, 2018 2:55PM in Financial Data Management

Hi Gurus,

This is likely an easy question for you expert FDMEE users, but for some reason I am being required to create a mapping for Year/Period? However since I created my Period mapping already to correspond to the correct Month/Year, why doesn't FDMEE use the POV selected as the target Month/Period to load?

Source is a JDE view.

pastedImage_1.png

Any help is appreciated!

TheMayor

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Dec 14, 2018 2:50PM Answer ✓

Maybe your target CAPEX application has not got the period dimension configured correctly, if you go to the target application, make sure for period the dimension class is period and there is no data column populated.

pastedImage_0.png

Cheers

John

TheMayor

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 14, 2018 2:50PM Answer ✓

Maybe your target CAPEX application has not got the period dimension configured correctly, if you go to the target application, make sure for period the dimension class is period and there is no data column populated.

pastedImage_0.png

Cheers

John

TheMayor
  • TheMayor
    edited Dec 14, 2018 3:05PM

@JohnGoodwin - Thanks for the tip - that's 100% correct.

One more question however, once I remove the Period from the CAPEX application, I am no longer pulling in any values from the Source:

pastedImage_0.png

In the process log I see that 0 rows of data were inserted into TDATASEG, and this error occurs twice:

WARN  [AIF]: Warning: The Import step has not been completed for period Jun-2018

Perhaps you could point me in the right direction again?

Thanks

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Dec 14, 2018 4:23PM

You might need to check the query that is being run against JDE, it could be your source period mappings are not correct and that is why no data is being returned, verify your mappings are definitely correct.

TheMayor
  • TheMayor
    edited Dec 18, 2018 2:55PM

Thanks John.

I'm able to extract data from JDE correctly when I hardcode the Source Options for Month/Year on the Data Load Rule. Whereas our existing loads to HFM have a 'BefImport' script that dynamically takes the MM/YY from the user's POV, I think we will need to configure it to work with the load specified above which will be into a target application.

Thanks for the assistance.