Oracle - Incorrect Segment and Transaction Set Counts in BPEL Operations for X12 File — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,701,031 Users
  • 2,239,263 Discussions
  • 7,834,978 Comments

Discussions

Oracle - Incorrect Segment and Transaction Set Counts in BPEL Operations for X12 File

User_LPL48User_LPL48 Posts: 6 Red Ribbon
edited December 2018 in Integration - B2B

Hi All

Recently , I had been doing development related to transforming a Positional Flat File to EDI_X12 File, here the output is an 856 file.

The transformation and setup are working correctly except for one issue. The requirement was to accommodate multiple ST/SE (Multiple Transaction sets within the same file).So the structure of my output document would be
ISA

GS

ST

SE---(SE_01 element will give number of segments coming under this ST-SE(transaction) , including ST and SE segments )

ST

SE

ST

SE---(SE_01 element will give number of segments coming under this ST-SE(transaction) , including ST and SE segments )

GE ---(GE_01 element will give number of transaction sets (ST-SE) )
IEA

I used B2B adapters for input and output with the necessary ECS/XSD.
Now, when doing the development for the output document X12-856 in this case Oracle Doc Editor had the limitation of generating only single ST/SE Per set.
So we introduced a loop (refer to the screenshot ,ODE_Strcture.PNG), to accommodate multiple ST/SE.

pastedImage_51.png

The output is generating correctly with multiple ST/SE in one file but the count of segment in the SE Segment(SE01 element ) is showing incorrect values.
We have used #SegmentCount# to count the number of segments and mapped to SE01 element.

What is happening here,by applying #SegmentCount#  it's giving correct segment count for first occurrence ST-SE only.

But second ST-SE and onwards  it's adding the total segments coming in current ST-SE plus segments  previously coming under all ST-SE.

Also for transaction set count is not coming correctly in GE segment (GE_01 element).

Can someone please suggest a correction or alternate approach to count the segments under SE and translation sets under GE correctly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tagged:

Answers

• edited December 2018

Looks like you are generating one single XML with multiple ST/SE combination, and then sending to B2B.

If my above understanding is correct, thisoption will not work well. Instead you can send one 856 XML message each to B2B, and B2B will take care of batching all the required ST/SE's for the particulat partner and then send one single EDI message to partner.

You can use the Batching feature of B2B (https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12212/b2b/b2b-ug/GUID-3BC359BF-F3F4-4CFC-A692-70C3070D0A42.htm#XBBUG1381   ) You can use the batching feature  and trigger the batched messages to send to trading partner based on the

- regular interval of time

- based on the number of messages (count)

- The total size of batch

Hope this helps

Regards,

Dheeraj