• 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,734 Comments

Discussions

Data management - Currency mapping

Srikanth Grandhe
Srikanth Grandhe Member Posts: 30
edited Jan 30, 2019 12:14AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi Experts,

On PBCS Datamanagement for an integration from Fusion financials cloud to standard currency BSO cube, I have the below error at the export step.

| Error: 3303 | USD | "101110","USA","Working","No Customer","No Activity","No Year","No Future 1","Technology Input","BaseData","Actual","FY18","Jan","USD","HSP_InputValue",-92325 |

| Error: 3303 | USD | "203000","USA","Working","No Customer","No Activity","No Year","No Future 1","Change Management Input","BaseData","Actual","FY18","Jan","USD","HSP_InputValue",24000|

I have then tried explicitly mapping currency to Local currency in data mapping, the work bench shows that the mapping is working and target currency is Local. But in the log file the same above error is shown at the export step.

The data load rule works for the reporting currency GBP, but fails to load for all other currencies.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Srikanth G

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Srikanth Grandhe
    edited Jan 30, 2019 12:13AM Answer ✓

Update: Oracle provided with the solution.

1) Location-> Functional Currency-> Set to None

2) Add the Currency row in Import format (map ACCOUNT to Currency )-> Mention "Local" in Expression

Note: You should not modify ant DB columns from the Target application (Cloud)

Thank you Robert and John for your help on this!!

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth G

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jan 29, 2019 2:06AM

The currency is usually defined in the functional currency of the location, alternatively you could load multiple currencies using the method described in the Oracle support doc FDMEE: Unable to load data to multiple currencies based on the currency column in source file (Doc ID 2466027.1)

Cheers

John

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Jan 29, 2019 3:01AM

Do the logs give you any more detail on your error?

With it being on export have you checked that all of the members exist on the plan type you are exporting to?

• Srikanth Grandhe
    edited Jan 29, 2019 3:10AM

Thanks for the reply John!

But both of the suggestions result in the same error for me.

I have tried using the Functional currency in location and load only single currency, it works for GBP but not for others.

I have also tried the way of adding multiple currencies as in the Oracle doc. The mapping works fine and Import is successful but the export step fails again with the same error.

Best regards,

Srikanth G

• Srikanth Grandhe
    edited Jan 29, 2019 3:17AM

Hi Robert,

Yes all of the members are there in the planning application.

This is all that is there in the log after showing the error records

2019-01-29 08:04:43,970 INFO  [AIF]: Load data failed.

2019-01-29 08:04:43,971 ERROR [AIF]: Load data failed.

2019-01-29 08:04:43,976 INFO  [AIF]: EssbaseService.loadData - END (false)

2019-01-29 08:04:43,983 FATAL [AIF]: Error in CommData.loadData

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 4011, in loadData

RuntimeError: false

• Srikanth Grandhe
    edited Jan 29, 2019 3:23AM

Robert,

Like you suggested on the MOSC thread, I have tried mapping all currencies to GBP, the local currency. The workbench shows the target currency for all is GBP but the rule fails again showing records in log file like

| Error: 3303 | USD | "203000","USA","Working","No Customer","No Activity","No Year","No Future 1","ERP Fusion Input","BaseData","Actual","FY18","Jan","USD","HSP_InputValue",1234 |

| Error: 3303 | USD | "206000","USA","Working","No Customer","No Activity","No Year","No Future 1","HCM Division Input","BaseData","Actual","FY18","Jan","USD","HSP_InputValue",1234|

The data file seems to be generated based on the currencies for the entities? I have raised this with Oracle as well but not much help there.

Thanks

Srikanth G

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jan 29, 2019 3:48AM

Only reporting currencies will exist in the Essbase side, so if you are trying to load to currencies that are not reporting then you will get a 3303 error because the member does not exist.

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Jan 29, 2019 3:52AM

Sorry, your ID is not the same on MOSC, I was chalking it down to coincidence!!

I take it you have checked your currency set up is complete, can you (for example) manually load data to the same currency using (say) smart view without any problem?

• Srikanth Grandhe
    edited Jan 29, 2019 4:49AM

Yeah, I am using my work account there in MOSC.

Yes the currency setup is complete. We have been using the other currencies for a while and able to load data via smart view.

I tried creating a new location and mappings with USD as functional currency, still the same error.

Like John said, there is only GBP and Local memebers when I see from smart view. The log file shows data management is trying to load to USD or MYR which it obviously can't find.

May be its some sort of bug

• Srikanth Grandhe
    edited Jan 30, 2019 12:13AM Answer ✓

Update: Oracle provided with the solution.

1) Location-> Functional Currency-> Set to None

2) Add the Currency row in Import format (map ACCOUNT to Currency )-> Mention "Local" in Expression

Note: You should not modify ant DB columns from the Target application (Cloud)

Thank you Robert and John for your help on this!!

Thanks & Regards,

Srikanth G