Forum Stats

• 3,826,858 Users
  • 2,260,714 Discussions
  • 7,897,105 Comments

Discussions

Can't view camera, keep getting a login screen

When I try to view my DVR, it keeps asking for a username and password. Is this from DynDNS? I put in my info but it doesn't work. I can see the camera if I use the local IP 192.168.1.242 but my Dynamic DNS isn't working.

----

The login screen is most likely coming from your router. You are seeing a loopback connection error: when trying to access the hostname, your router is confused by your request and thinks you are trying to access its configuration page.

This usually happens if your port forwarding settings are incorrect or not configured at all. You can learn more about port forwarding at PortForward.com.

You can also try disabling "Filter Internet NAT Redirections" (or something to that effect) to let your router handle the request correctly. If this doesn't work, you can try editing your HOSTS file. This problem usually doesn't affect visitors outside of your network; if everyone else can see your camera, it may be a loopback issue, but if no one can see the camera from anywhere, something else is wrong.

It may also be that your router doesn't allow you to forward the port it uses for it's administration interface (usually port 80 - HTTP) if you're seeing this problem when you try to connect from outside your network. If that is the case then you'll either need to change the administration port on the router (if supported) or use a different port for the DVR. If you don't want to have to remember the changed port then a WebHop will help you.

You can learn more about DVR setup here. For a list of common networking problems and solutions, please see our troubleshooting guide here.

This discussion has been closed.