Forum Stats

• 3,827,580 Users
  • 2,260,795 Discussions
  • 7,897,305 Comments

Discussions

My Domain Expired! Help! What Do I Do?

A domain registration goes through a few stages after it expires, which vary depending on the TLD..

1. Renewal-Grace Period: For the first 30 days after a domain has expired, you may simply renew the domain registration as normal. Note: not all TLD’s have a Grace Period, instead they go right to the Redemption Period upon expiration.
  2. Redemption Period: After Renewal-Grace, an expired domain enters Redemption for up to 40 days. In this state, you may still renew the domain; however the registry charges a substantial fee for domain redemption equal to ten (10) times the standard renewal fee (example: a renewal fee of $15.00 USD equals a redemption fee of $150.00 USD). If your domain is in Redemption and you still wish to renew it, please contact Support.
  3. Pending Delete: After Redemption, a domain enters Pending Delete for up to seven days. At the end of Pending Delete, the domain registration is completely removed from the registry and may be created again as a brand new domain name. Domains in Pending Delete cannot be recovered.

http://dyn.com/support/my-domain-expired-what-do-i-do/

This discussion has been closed.