OBIEE 12.2.1.3 Heap Setting — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,306 Users
  • 2,239,629 Discussions
  • 7,835,899 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OBIEE 12.2.1.3 Heap Setting

ShaneBoShaneBo Posts: 19 Blue Ribbon

Hi All,

Anyone know if there is a maximum on the heap size for 12.2.1.3? I have a lot of memory on my server and the only application is OBIEE.

Also, can I set a minimum just by adding -Xms?

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:
cyborg007ShaneBoJoel Acha

Best Answer

• Joel AchaJoel Acha Posts: 1,358 Gold Trophy
    edited February 2019 Accepted Answer

My suggestion would be to look at the OBIEE performance tuning guide as a starting point. It highlights all parameters which can be modified in order to improve performance of the underlying OBIEE components.

Oracle Support Document 2106183.1 (OBIEE 12c: Best Practices Guide for Infrastructure Tuning Oracle® Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c (12.2.1)) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=2106183.1

cyborg007ShaneBoShaneBo

Answers

• Joel AchaJoel Acha Posts: 1,358 Gold Trophy
    edited February 2019 Accepted Answer

My suggestion would be to look at the OBIEE performance tuning guide as a starting point. It highlights all parameters which can be modified in order to improve performance of the underlying OBIEE components.

Oracle Support Document 2106183.1 (OBIEE 12c: Best Practices Guide for Infrastructure Tuning Oracle® Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 12c (12.2.1)) can be found at: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?id=2106183.1

cyborg007ShaneBoShaneBo
  • Christian BergChristian Berg Managing Director Posts: 9,359 Gold Crown
    edited February 2019

Hi Shane,

Since Joel mentioned this document:

If you do start modifying parameters - please be sure to read up on what they do before changing them and test well.

The document isn't meant for random know twisting and can lead to more problems that solutions if followed blindly. Not every setting is applicable in every situation.

ShaneBoShaneBoJoel Acha
  • ShaneBoShaneBo Posts: 19 Blue Ribbon
    edited February 2019

Thank you for the doc. I was pretty much looking for that starting point. Trying to navigate through all of the Oracle documents can be exhausting.

• ShaneBoShaneBo Posts: 19 Blue Ribbon
    edited February 2019

Thanks for the word of caution. I have actually been doing this long enough to know you can't just go touching everything blindly.

• Christian BergChristian Berg Managing Director Posts: 9,359 Gold Crown
    edited February 2019

thumbs-up then :-)