Forum Stats

• 3,836,888 Users
  • 2,262,203 Discussions
  • 7,900,133 Comments

Discussions

PBCS - How to make Firefox more user friendly!!

elwayisgod
elwayisgod Member Posts: 103
edited Mar 1, 2019 6:20AM in Planning and Budgeting

All,

Just thought I would share as not sure if this has ever been posted. It has been driving me crazy when using PBCS and Firefox. Whenever you click on Data Management, Web Studio and/or Rules, a new window pops up and if you had DM open and click on Rules then it would replace the DM window with rules. Anyways, I did some digging and did this and it makes each link a new tab on your browser instead of a separate window that get's replaced. I find this much better to navigate.

Note: When you first login to PBCS and click on DM for example, the main PBCS tab is replaced by DM. Just click on the next tab and hit your main PBCS link again and now you have two open. Each time you do this, just click on main PBCS link and you then can have them all open at same time and just toggle through each tab.

1. Type about:config in the Firefox address bar

2. Bypass the security warning

3. Find the browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction preference

4. Double click it to change the value to 0

5. Find the browser.link.open_newwindow preference

6. Double click it to change the value to 1

Tagged:
David Ambler

Answers

• AL.
    AL. Member Posts: 265 Blue Ribbon
    edited Mar 1, 2019 6:17AM

Hello!

I found this very useful!

I've modified the preferences as follows:

browser.link.open_newwindow=3

browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external=1

browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction=0

Now data managment and calculation manager are being opened in a diferent tabs by default:

pastedImage_0.png

Best Regards,

• elwayisgod
    elwayisgod Member Posts: 103
    edited Mar 1, 2019 6:20AM

Yes.  Im going to keep tinkering.  One issue I hate with my settings is when I click on a link in an email it doesn't open it on a new tab.  It replaces whatever is my current active tab.  Not sure there is a perfect setting combination.   I wonder if Chrome has any possibilites?