• 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,732 Comments

Discussions

EPBCS - Outline Performance Settings Grayed Out

elwayisgod
elwayisgod Member Posts: 103
edited Mar 12, 2019 2:06PM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

Workforce outline needs optimized but grayed out I have a Workforce outline in dire need of optimization. Many issues but first need to get it into proper order. However Performance Settings and Evaluation Order are grayed out.

The other EPBCS app for Financials is not grayed out. How/why is Workforce grayed out only and how can I change that? App is unworkable in current state. There is no data in the cube as I cleared it out.

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Feb 26, 2019 7:04AM Answer ✓

Think there is a bug in this area, you might want to log an SR.

However, save a snapshot to a safe place. Delete your application. Create from fresh putting the performance settings how you need them. Deploy. Reimport you snapshot artifacts - workable workaround?

Answers

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 26, 2019 7:04AM Answer ✓

Think there is a bug in this area, you might want to log an SR.

However, save a snapshot to a safe place. Delete your application. Create from fresh putting the performance settings how you need them. Deploy. Reimport you snapshot artifacts - workable workaround?

• elwayisgod
    edited Feb 26, 2019 8:27AM

OK.  Was afraid of that.  Its Workforce and Financials as each have their own icon on home page.  When I recreate is there any magic to get each EPBCS app to appear with their respective icon?

• Robert Angel
    edited Feb 27, 2019 3:10AM

Sorry, not on EPBCS - maybe @JohnGoodwin can shine some light on this?

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 27, 2019 4:00AM

When the modules are enabled, the clusters/cards will appear.

elwayisgod
  • elwayisgod
    edited Feb 27, 2019 5:47AM

OK.  I cleared out our other instance.  I recreated a Workforce aoo from scratch and added the custom dimensions needed.   I deployed the application.  When I navigate to dimensions on OEM_WFP application the Performance Settings are grayed out. I'm thinking these are locked down on Workforce. Not sure if Capex is too, but either way this is ridiculous.

What has Oracle done to Plannung?  They are alienating customers at record pace.  I'm not sure that optimizing outline will improve performance, but its nice to know the outline is in proper order and Dense/Sparse is correct.

Thanks for the resoonses.  Much appreciated !!

2625007 Member Posts: 115
    edited Mar 12, 2019 1:34PM

hi

Were you able to edit the Performance settings(dimensional setting- dense / sparse and changing the order )  for OEP_FS / OEP_WFP / OEP_CPX cubes?

• elwayisgod
    edited Mar 12, 2019 1:46PM

No.  The person that answered the SR gave the 'We block access to that functionality by default' answer.   So we were supposed to add a note saying one of the leaders/managers said we could thus please get with him to discuss.  But then I was removed from project and not sure where it landed.  It didn't look promising.  I think we were promised something by someone but then in reality it wasn't ever going to happen.

2625007 Member Posts: 115
    edited Mar 12, 2019 2:06PM