- 3,727,837 Users
- 2,245,474 Discussions
- 7,853,060 Comments
- 17.8K All Categories
- Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 1.7K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 591 Analytics Software
- 51 Application Development Software
- 1.8K Cloud Platform
- 700.5K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 21 Hardware
- 276 Infrastructure Software
- 142 Integration
- 74 Security Software
ILOM 4.x: Next Boot Device not working for remote ISO file
I've got a few Oracle X6-2 servers that I'm trying to boot from ISO via ILOM on and seem to be missing something. Currently testing on v188.8.131.52.
Here is a consolidated list of steps I've tried:
- Reset BIOS to optimal defaults to ensure no weird settings.
- Power off sever
- Log in to ILOM via SSH or Web GUI
- Configure "Remote Control" -> "Host Storage Device" to point to an iso file on an NFS share.
- Wait until status reads "Operational".
- Configure "Host Management" -> "Host Control" -> "Next Boot Device" to CDROM.
- Power on server
Expected result: Server boots to .iso file specified above.
Actual result: Server boots to existing OS on hard disk.
Note: The ISO mount does work, since if I manually intervene in boot process by hitting F8 for the BBS menu, I can select "Virtual CDROM" and the system boots from iso file just fine.
How can I get this to work?