• 2,262,394 Discussions
  • 7,900,732 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE - ePBCS - Periods in Columns

elwayisgod
elwayisgod Member Posts: 103
edited Mar 6, 2019 11:28AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi,

We are running a data export business rule to export data as the 'Export' data functionality in PBCS (SUI format) is dreadfully slow.  My thought was we would/could re-import this back into the app if need be with FDMEE.   However when exporting, I have to choose a Dense dimension for my columns and the only one that makes sense is Period.

My data columns start in column 12 and end in column 32 with each period as follows:

Qtrly 1|Qtrly 2|Qtrly 3|Qtrly 4|OEP_Yearly Plan|OEP_Capex Financial Mapping|Project Financial Mapping|No Period|BegBalance|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec|

How in the world is FDMEE going to know column 12 is for 'Qtrly 1' and 17 is for 'OEP_Capex' etc.?

Source file doesn't have header row currently.  If I do add it in the extract it comes as two rows like:

2019-03-04_14-53-06.jpg

It's EPBCS workfoce so we can't muck with the Dense/Sparse and members......

Thanks, I can't find anywhere if this is even possible with output from a DATAEXPORT business rule.

Qtrly 1|Qtrly   2|Qtrly 3|Qtrly 4|OEP_Yearly Plan|OEP_Capex Financial Mapping|Project   Financial Mapping|No   Period|BegBalance|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep|Oct|Nov|Dec|
Tagged:
User_RZ2Q0elwayisgod

Answers

• elwayisgod
    edited Mar 4, 2019 6:26PM

I think I need a header row and must do something similiar to this.  I'll try it and report back:

2019-03-04_16-24-39.jpg

• elwayisgod
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:14AM

That didn't work.  I tried:  Driver=Period;HeaderRow=1;Column=12,32

Error produced was meaningless.

When I change my Import Format to just include Jan to Dec as:  Column=21,32

It will load as desired.

So my questions are:

1 - Can I load these fields too which are columns 12 to 20?  Or am I fighting a losing battle?

"Qtrly 1","Qtrly 2","Qtrly 3","Qtrly 4","OEP_Yearly Plan","OEP_Capex Financial Mapping","Project Financial Mapping","No Period"

2 - On a multperiod load, can it do more than 1 year at a time or is  it only 1 year at a time due to the 'Period' in the Data Load Rule?

Thanks for any insight.

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:24AM

If you are using a header with period, the periods in the header have to match the period mapping period name, for example Mar-19

If you don't select a header, you can select the period names.

pastedImage_0.png

Cheers

John

elwayisgod
  • Robert Angel
    Robert Angel Member Posts: 4,535 Bronze Crown
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:26AM

Not following exactly what you are trying to do, but if you are trying to create an offline back-up then just fix on the level0 periods, there is little point in exporting quarters etc on a dynamic hierarchy.

Fix(BegBalance, Jan:Dec)

• elwayisgod
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:32AM

All these values in the columns are Lev0 stored members.

Period.jpg

• elwayisgod
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:33AM

JG,

So each year I load will need it's own Import Format?

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Mar 5, 2019 9:53AM

I am just specifying that is how to apply column headers, you don't have to use column headers and it can be driven by the column number and start/end period.

elwayisgod
  • elwayisgod
    edited Mar 5, 2019 10:41AM

So confused.  At a different client we have Multi Column Load.  It's single period as the Accounts are going across the top.  That's the only way their SAP team could/will provide us with the data file. Anyways, I'm stuck with it that way.  In that Import Format sometimes there are 20 to 189 columns of data and sometimes only 20 to 170.  Either way the order of the Accounts from 20 to the end is not constant.  Thus the system knows the Account to load to because the Header of the data column is the Account.

Can't this same philosophy/process apply to the Period dim?

Account.jpg

• elwayisgod
    edited Mar 5, 2019 11:00AM

When I select the Driver Expression and then click on the Period selection dropdown, only BegBalance and Jan to Dec appear.  I don't get to choose 'Qtrly 1' , 'Qtrly 2' etc....

So how would I ever be able to load those?  I went to Period Mapping to try and create maps for them but that doesn't exist either.

Driver1.jpg

Driver2.jpg

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Mar 5, 2019 11:17AM

It should be period mappings, just like how BegBalance is referenced

elwayisgod