Forum Stats

• 3,838,652 Users
  • 2,262,389 Discussions
  • 7,900,721 Comments

Discussions

OBIEE 11.1.1.9 HFM integration - Failed to find environment variable COMPONENT_NAME

Chris Badenhorst
Chris Badenhorst Member Posts: 63 Red Ribbon

Hi

I've installed OBIEE in a distributed server environment. I want to integrate OBIEE to HFM which is on a separate server. I've installed financial management ADM driver on the OBIEE server by installing Financial Management SDK and configured FM.

I have also included the EPM_ORACLE_HOME and EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE variables in the opmn.xml file. I've added the EPM jar files ($EPM_ORACLE_HOME/common/jlib/11.1.2.0/epm_hfm_web.jar$:$EPM_ORACLE_HOME/common/jlib/11.1.2.0/epm_j2se.jar$:) to the classpath parameter. I then restarted BI services.

To add a new repository I then ran bi-init.cmd and the Admintool. I'm using connection type Hyperion ADM, but when clicking on Next I get an error "...Failed to find environment variable COMPONENT_NAME on start --exiting!...." Please find screenshot attached.

Looking at the bi-init.cmd file, it looks like you have to declare the argument for COMPONENT_NAME when running the bi-init.cmd file. But I don't know what this argument should be or what the COMPONENT_NAME variable should be set to.

Anyone can help me to move forward?

Thank you.

Chris.

Tagged:

Answers