• 3,760,116 Users
  • 2,251,647 Discussions
  • 7,870,977 Comments

Discussions

Oracle BPM: Hide URL in opened task

Moe_ADF_541
Moe_ADF_541 Member Posts: 241

Dear Experts,

I have modified the display of the opened task to open in a separate window (User --> Administration --> Application Preferences):

pastedImage_0.png

However When the task opens up, I am able to see the URL of the task, which is quite normal. But I was wondering if there is a way (or configuration) that can be done in order to hide this url:

pastedImage_1.png

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank you all in advance,

Kind Regards,

Middleware version: 12.2.1.3

Martien van den AkkerMoe_ADF_541

Best Answer

• Martien van den Akker
    Martien van den Akker Member Posts: 2,776 Bronze Crown
    edited Apr 4, 2019 3:02AM Accepted Answer

You're welcome.

Regarding "The main reason is that I have noticed some of the clients actually refreshing the page by reloading the task from the URL (putting the cursor in the url and hitting enter.": I would explain/instruct that this is not how you should work with it. If one does, it does not break things. But, it does not do what one means to achieve.

Regards,
    Martien

Moe_ADF_541

Answers

• Moe_ADF_541
    edited Apr 3, 2019 11:44AM

So it is not feasible?

• Martien van den Akker
    edited Apr 3, 2019 2:03PM

Hi Moe,

I can't see how. But for what reason do you want to hide it? Would a reversed proxy help? What you could do then is to install an OHS (in 12.2.1.x you can have a colocated OHS that can be managed through em).

If you could have that listening on a nice DNS entry, then it can proxy the requests to your managed servers (either clustered or not). If you do so it is important to set the serverURL to that address in the SOA Administration/common properties (https://docs.oracle.com/en/middleware/soa-suite/soa/12.2.1.3/administer/configuring-soa-infrastructure.html#GUID-C9E3030… ).

And to set the Front End Host + port properties on the cluster or the managed server (https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/12213/wls/WLACH/pagehelp/Corecoreclusterclusterconfighttptitle.html).

Regards,
    Martien

• Moe_ADF_541
    edited Apr 4, 2019 1:13AM

Hello Martien, and thank you for your most informative reply.

But for what reason do you want to hide it? 

Actually we have configured SSO for our SOA server and are accessing it through WebGate / OHS. However thank you very much for the articles, they are inclusive of all the information we needed to complete the configuration.

The main reason is that I have noticed some of the clients actually refreshing the page by reloading the task from the URL (putting the cursor in the url and hitting enter )

This caused the task flow of the current BPM task to not load properly; some of the data objects attributes were nullified, some images not loaded, etc.

so what I would like to do is to prevent their access to the URL (either hiding or disabling the url address bar in the task opened). also I was going to write a small javascript function to prohibit any kind of page refresh (presumably by intercepting the F5 button press) as well.

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Martien van den Akker
  • Martien van den Akker
    edited Apr 4, 2019 3:02AM Accepted Answer

You're welcome.

Regarding "The main reason is that I have noticed some of the clients actually refreshing the page by reloading the task from the URL (putting the cursor in the url and hitting enter.": I would explain/instruct that this is not how you should work with it. If one does, it does not break things. But, it does not do what one means to achieve.

Regards,
    Martien

Moe_ADF_541
  • Moe_ADF_541
    edited Apr 4, 2019 3:58AM

Hello Martien, and thanks again for the information.

Indeed this seems to be the best approach instead of creating counter-measures. In all cases we will be creating user manuals to explain application behavior and we surely include these instructions.

Going the extra mile and creating preventive measures is just plain unnecessary and a bit exaggerated.

I will consider this the correct answer

Kind Regards,

Martien van den Akker