Reverse Offload to DB servers — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,714,738 Users
  • 2,242,615 Discussions
  • 7,845,038 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reverse Offload to DB servers

Arturo Gutierrez
Arturo Gutierrez Member Posts: 331 Blue Ribbon
edited April 2019 in Exadata

Hi,

Is possible to know the number of times a reverse offload to database servers happen?

Any statistic at cell or database node available?

Thanks

Arturo

Geoff Grandstaff-Oraclerobinsc

Best Answer

• Geoff Grandstaff-Oracle
    Geoff Grandstaff-Oracle Member Posts: 28 Employee
    edited April 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi, Arturo.

cellsrvstat (on each individual cell) has a section for 'Reverse Offload related stats'. Ex:

== Reverse Offload related stats ==Number of Remote Nodes                            (I)          0              7Number of Remote Instances                        (I)          0              8Current Cell CPU utilization                      (I)          0              1Number of requests                                (C)          0      31330706Number of requests that were pushed              (C)          0        2085719Average pushback rate for since last stat update  (I)          0              0Average pushback rate for last 200 ms            (I)          0              0Num of reqs not pushed due to low cell cpu        (C)          0      19360302Num of reqs not pushed due to high cell outnet    (C)          0              0Num of reqs not pushed due to high db node innet  (C)          0              0Num rate increase by reverse offload info from db (C)          0          36398Num rate decrease by reverse offload info from db (C)          0        316093Num rate increases from db node cpu information  (C)          0          58745Num rate decreases from db node cpu information  (C)          0          7437Num rate decreases from low cell cpu utilization  (C)          0      552905618Num rate decreases from high cell outnet util    (C)          0              0Num rate decreases from high db node innet util  (C)          0              0

Also, while not a "count", there is also the statistic 'cell physical IO bytes sent directly to DB node to balance CPU'.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/engineered-systems/exadata-database-machine/sagug/exadata-storage-server-monitoring.html#GUID…

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Geoff

robinsc

Answers

edited April 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi, Arturo.

cellsrvstat (on each individual cell) has a section for 'Reverse Offload related stats'. Ex:

== Reverse Offload related stats ==Number of Remote Nodes                            (I)          0              7Number of Remote Instances                        (I)          0              8Current Cell CPU utilization                      (I)          0              1Number of requests                                (C)          0      31330706Number of requests that were pushed              (C)          0        2085719Average pushback rate for since last stat update  (I)          0              0Average pushback rate for last 200 ms            (I)          0              0Num of reqs not pushed due to low cell cpu        (C)          0      19360302Num of reqs not pushed due to high cell outnet    (C)          0              0Num of reqs not pushed due to high db node innet  (C)          0              0Num rate increase by reverse offload info from db (C)          0          36398Num rate decrease by reverse offload info from db (C)          0        316093Num rate increases from db node cpu information  (C)          0          58745Num rate decreases from db node cpu information  (C)          0          7437Num rate decreases from low cell cpu utilization  (C)          0      552905618Num rate decreases from high cell outnet util    (C)          0              0Num rate decreases from high db node innet util  (C)          0              0

Also, while not a "count", there is also the statistic 'cell physical IO bytes sent directly to DB node to balance CPU'.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/engineered-systems/exadata-database-machine/sagug/exadata-storage-server-monitoring.html#GUID…

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Geoff

robinsc
  • Arturo Gutierrez
    Arturo Gutierrez Member Posts: 331 Blue Ribbon
    edited April 2019

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply.

I've generated the report with Exawatcher.

I think that this stats are the main:

Num of reqs not pushed due to low cell cpu        (C)           0              0

Num of reqs not pushed due to high cell outnet    (C)           0              0

Num of reqs not pushed due to high db node innet  (C)           0              0

Means, that no reverse offloading is ocurring.

Thanks

Arturo

Geoff Grandstaff-Oraclerobinsc
    edited April 2019

Hi, Arturo.

As you probably noticed from the output I posted from cellsrvstat and what you posted with Exawatcher, cellssrvstat is one of the collectors for Exawatcher.

https://docs.oracle.com/en/engineered-systems/exadata-database-machine/sagug/exadata-storage-server-maintaining.html#GUI…

Have a great day.

Regards,

Geoff

robinsc