• 3,681,948 Users
  • 2,238,133 Discussions
  • 7,831,605 Comments

Discussions

Help transferring domain name

waynieoakswaynieoaks Posts: 1
edited June 17 in Dyn Community

Hello

I have been asking support by email for the last 3 days and getting the same stock response...

To transfer your domain to another registrar, you will need to provide the new registrar with your EPP Authorization Code. You will also need to unlock the domain registration.

1. Log into your account at http://dyn.com

2. Go to My Zones/Domains

3. Click on the Domain Registration link for the domain you wish to transfer out From here, you can obtain your Authorization Code, as well as unlock the domain.

I urgently need to get a domain name transferred across to another provider. The "lock" option, and an option to get an authorisation code is simply not there!

Does anybody know why the options are not available?

RotBlitzMichael.R.Taylor-Oracle

Best Answer

• Michael.R.Taylor-OracleMichael.R.Taylor-Oracle Posts: 252 Employee
    edited May 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi @hostynet,

The first step would be to unlock the domain on dyn.com. This can be done by logging into your account and selecting the 'My Services’ link from the left side of the page. From there, you can select the domain registration link for the domain you wish to transfer. From there you can toggle the lock button from locked to unlocked.

The second step, is to grab the authorization code. To receive the Auth Code for your domain, you can find it by logging on to your account on dyn.com and clicking the 'My Services' link from the left sidebar of this homepage. From there you would need to locate the 'Domain Registration' link for the domain you would like to receive the Auth Code for. In the middle of the page you will see the Auth Code for your domain.

The last step is to verify that secret registration is turned off. You can disable this setting by logging on to your account on dyn.com and clicking the 'My Services' link from the left sidebar of this homepage. From there you would need to locate the domain you would like to transfer and click on the blue link to the right of that domain labeled 'Secret Registration’. Towards the middle of the page you will see a blue link that asks if you would like to disable Secret Registration. Once clicked, you may need to wait an hour for the secret registration to fully disable.

If you're still having issues, please email [email protected]. Once you do that you can DM me with your username and the domain in question (you will need to accept my friend request (just sent) and then you will be able to DM) and I can follow up with our support team on your behalf.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

Answers

edited April 2019

Hey there,

I just commented on your comment via the document about doing this. What is the domain in question that you are looking to transfer? You can DM me if you prefer.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

RotBlitz
  • hostynethostynet Posts: 1
    edited May 2019

Hello,

We also have a domain name here, please help

• RikWRikW Posts: 3
    edited June 2019

I seem to be having the same problem. I have emailed support but have had no reply yet.

My domain expires tomorrow! Hopefully there is a grace period and I can move it during the grace period without incurring cost.

Is there another way of doing this?

Rik

Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle
    edited June 2019

@286c54db-c229-423a-ba0d-ae0bdfc812bd Hi Rik, I just friended you, if you can accept and then DM me your username we can chat more on this and try to get it resolved before it expires. There is a grace period following expiration to recover, but if it does expire it will go down.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

edited June 2019

Hi Mike,

I have DM you.

I have also done a bit of investigation and noted that because I have a .co.uk domain I may need to change the IPS Tag? 

Does the portal allow me to change the IPS Tag?, if so do you know where?

Regards

Rik

edited June 2019

Hi Rik,

Tags are changed on our end and can not be done via portal. I've reached out to our support team regarding your ticket and they should be reaching out to you shortly.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

edited June 2019

Thanks Mike,

My Domain has expired today, so I'm quite concerned.

Hopefully they have some good news for me.

Regards

Rik

• hi Mike

I'm also having problems trying to access the transfer code. When I click on the domain registration link I'm directed to a page with the following sections:

Contacts (change)

Nameservers (change)

Expiration

I don't see an option to toggle the lock nor one for the Auth code.

thanks

Kim.

edited June 2019

Hi Kim,

I just responded to your post in a different thread. In short, there is nothing in the user panel via account.dyn.com that would allow you to make these specific changes related to your .co.uk domain. You will need to contact support to request these changes, which can be done by emailing [email protected]. The support team will be able to quickly assist you with making these changes!

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

Michael.R.Taylor-Oracle
  • 40330334033033 Posts: 2
    edited June 2019

Hi Michael,

I'm also having the same issue regarding updating the IPS tag. I've e-mailed [email protected] and [email protected] but heard no reply.

Just need the IPS tag updated as my new provider has already been contacted.

Regards,

Rowan

• user7573771user7573771 Posts: 1
    edited June 2019

I am afraid I am on the same boat. Every time I contact support, I get the same canned response. Like other people, all I can do is change contact details, name servers, update glue records or renew my domain.

How do I get through to a human ?

edited July 2019

Hi @user7573771 and @20ba13ad-1011-46b1-85bd-ae6be7443b8b, I've sent you both friend requests. If you can accept and PM me with your username and the domain(s) in question I can follow up with our support team on your behalf to update them.

I'm sorry for the delayed response you've received so far, but I'm sure we can get this resolved quickly.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• 40330334033033 Posts: 2
    edited July 2019

Thanks Michael, accepted the friend request.

Not sure why my username is 4033033 haha!

Rowan

edited July 2019

It likes to default you to a number, but you can go into your profile and change it to a name/alias.

Checking my PMs now

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• Hi Michael,

I am having the same issue as above. I emailed support 5 days ago and have had zero response, can you help?

Thanks

edited July 2019

Hi @823790c9-fb59-4420-a2c0-00b9f1ef5115, I've sent you a friend request. Please accept and DM me with your username, domain in question and the ticket number you received and I will follow up with support on your behalf.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• boothsbooths Posts: 2
    edited July 2019

Hi, I'm also having the same issues trying to transfer a .co.uk domain, I do not get the options the documentation states, exactly the same as the previous poster:

"I'm also having problems trying to access the transfer code. When I click on the domain registration link I'm directed to a page with the following sections:

Contacts (change)

Nameservers (change)

Expiration

I don't see an option to toggle the lock nor one for the Auth code."

I have a call logged with support, can I also get that addressed to get the domain unlocked and the IPS code created?

Thanks

edited July 2019

Hi @booths,

I've sent you a friend request. Please accept and DM me with your username, domain in question and the ticket number you received and I will follow up with support on your behalf.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn

• boothsbooths Posts: 2
    edited July 2019

Thanks Mike, I have sent the IPS TAG code to link the Domain I am transferring. Hopefully, that should be picked up soon to allow that move to flow.

• AndyHartAndyHart Posts: 1
    edited October 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to transfer a .co.uk domain to another service provider. I've contacted Oracle Dyn support twice only to receive a standard email answer that cannot be implemented. All I see when I click the stated links are options to update contact details, name servers and it states the domains expiration date. I also don't want a code, I need the domain's IPS tag updating to the new providers specification. I've searched this site and unfortunately seen a number of other people with exactly the same problem but no answer, just one guy trying to help. Why is this not better documented and why is support not being helpful, its very frustrating. Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Regards,

Andy

• Hi Mike,

Amazingly, a year after the previous posts, I'm happy the same problem as everyone else. The only difference is that now the instructions here and in the online documentation refer to the pre-Oracle UI, so aren't even for the right site!

I requested authorization codes for two domains over a week ago, in good time to allow for propagation any delays. I've heard nothing - no support ticket, no confirmation email, and definitely no codes. The only emails I've had were those telling me my domains were about to expire, and that they had expired. I've now been forced to pay for another month.just to keep everything alive.

I'm hoping that you're able to help.

[email protected]

edited June 17

Hi @50934ee4-cf33-4314-aeb9-f6b5895dddec /Stephan,

Feel free to shoot me a DM with your ticket number submitted (or post here if you like) and I can follow up with support for you. Please note, as of December 2019

all domain registrations have migrated to name.com. We're no longer offering domain registrations. If you are receiving notification about renewal of services, it is likely for the DNS services that go with them.

If you haven't already, please use the following link to claim your domain with name.com and manage your services:  https://www.name.com/welcome-to-name?cb=dyn_domino

I have added you as a friend here, please accept so you can DM.

Mike

Oracle + Dyn