Values received by receive operator isn't getting assigned — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,035 Users
  • 2,239,551 Discussions
  • 7,835,727 Comments

Discussions

Values received by receive operator isn't getting assigned

39225563922556 Posts: 2

So I am trying to create a service that receives the values from JMS adapter and then assigns it to the input variable of Database adapter.. However when I deploy the service and insert a value into the JMS queue i get the following error at the BPEL assigning process:

<bpelFault><faultType>0</faultType><selectionFailure xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable"></selectionFailure></bpelFault>

now I dont understand what the issue is.. Because the receive component does receive the correct data (I checked the flow of the service on the console) but when it comes to assigning those values I get an error. And it also says that the values are empty. Anyway Im new to SOA and JDeveloper environment. Provided below are some pictures that may come in handy.. Please let me know what do I do.

BPEL.pngBPEL2.png

Answers

• Martien van den AkkerMartien van den Akker Posts: 2,756 Bronze Crown
    edited April 2019

Hi,

You get this because the xpath in the from path in one of the copy rules in your assign results in an empty node. :

pastedImage_0.png

Nice is that the exact line is shown: 43.

At the bottom of the BPEL designer there is a 'Source' tab. Click on it and find line 43 (if no line numbers are in the gutter, then navigate to Menu-Tools->Preferences-CodeEditor->Line gutter and check the Show Line numbers check box).

This line has a from that evaluates to an empty node. Now, check the input message and validate if the node is actually profided. There are three options:

• The referenced element is in your input. That means that the xpath is invalid. Maybe one or more reference namespaces don't match, maybe the path to the element does not match (wrong root element, etc.)
    • The referenced element is not in your input document, but it should: then you should add it.
    • The referenced element is not in your input document, but it is optional: then you should go to the design mode, open the assign editor and the specific copy rule. Right click on it and select "Ignore missing from data".  If you would switch back to the source, you'll find that the corresponding attribute is set on the copy rule.

The third is most likely the thing, and is most easy to solve.

Regards,
    Martien