• 3,769,286 Users
  • 2,252,943 Discussions
  • 7,874,978 Comments

Discussions

WCC Column Type Change w/ existing data

3995768 Member Posts: 1
edited May 14, 2019 11:08PM in WebCenter Content

Hi,

I'm currently using Oracle WCC 11g.  I have an issue which prevents me from doing an exact text match search using <matches> in IDOC script. Since the column isn't optimized, <matches> works as <contains> and I end up with the following scenario:

query example:  <!--$QueryText = "xCategory <matches> `Category A` ... -->

Since xCategory isn't optimized, it returns documents with values matching such as 'Category ABC', etc etc.

The solution would seem to be to optimize the column; however, this option is disabled using the Configuration Manager and thus I have to look for alternate solutions.

The field type is currently set to "Memo" according to the Configuration Manager and I'd like to change it to Text, so that I could then optimize it. When I compare columns in docmeta table that are set to Memo and Text in Config Manager, they are all type varchar.

My questions are:

1) Can I modify the HDA file for this field to set the dType = Text and restart the server?

2) Is there another way to do this to then optimize this field?

-roy

Tagged:

Answers

• Srinath Menon-Oracle
    Srinath Menon-Oracle Posts: 6,291 Employee
    edited May 14, 2019 11:08PM
    1) Can I modify the HDA file for this field to set the dType = Text and restart the server?2) Is there another way to do this to then optimize this field?

Not all fields should be modified from memo to text type because there could be some further implications on how it could be used . What can be done is to have a dummy field ,text type, which will inherit (derive) and set the value from the original field and be used in searches.