- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 60 Insurance
- 534.4K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.7K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
WCC Column Type Change w/ existing data
I'm currently using Oracle WCC 11g. I have an issue which prevents me from doing an exact text match search using <matches> in IDOC script. Since the column isn't optimized, <matches> works as <contains> and I end up with the following scenario:
query example: <!--$QueryText = "xCategory <matches> `Category A` ... -->
Since xCategory isn't optimized, it returns documents with values matching such as 'Category ABC', etc etc.
The solution would seem to be to optimize the column; however, this option is disabled using the Configuration Manager and thus I have to look for alternate solutions.
The field type is currently set to "Memo" according to the Configuration Manager and I'd like to change it to Text, so that I could then optimize it. When I compare columns in docmeta table that are set to Memo and Text in Config Manager, they are all type varchar.
My questions are:
1) Can I modify the HDA file for this field to set the dType = Text and restart the server?
2) Is there another way to do this to then optimize this field?