OTBI Help: Pulling data from 2 subject areas or how to find the sql behind it — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,305 Users
  • 2,239,629 Discussions
  • 7,835,898 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OTBI Help: Pulling data from 2 subject areas or how to find the sql behind it

Adil_RAdil_R Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in HCM Cloud Service

I am trying to build a Analysis which will consist of two subject areas: "comp salary..." and "workforce mgmt.assignment real time" but when i move few salary field over then i get an error: "no facts.....". i'm hoping someone can provide some guidance. I need an alternate solution, possibly finding the sql code behind an Analysis so i can build my own report with join statement or is there a way to get data off from two subject areas without an error messages. Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SivaReddy MitnalaSivaReddy Mitnala Posts: 16 Red Ribbon
    edited August 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi Adil,

We need to drag and drop head count column from both the analysis.To correct the blank headcount, click the advanced tab.  On the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Advanced SQL Clauses region.  Select the Dimensionality check box.

When you select this check box, the logical SQL is appended with the following request variable value, enabling you to join the two subject areas: SET VARIABLE ENABLE_DIMENSIONALITY = 1, NO_FORCE_TO_DETAIL_BIN=1;

Click Apply SQL.

Answers

• SivaReddy MitnalaSivaReddy Mitnala Posts: 16 Red Ribbon
    edited August 2019 Accepted Answer

Hi Adil,

We need to drag and drop head count column from both the analysis.To correct the blank headcount, click the advanced tab.  On the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Advanced SQL Clauses region.  Select the Dimensionality check box.

When you select this check box, the logical SQL is appended with the following request variable value, enabling you to join the two subject areas: SET VARIABLE ENABLE_DIMENSIONALITY = 1, NO_FORCE_TO_DETAIL_BIN=1;

Click Apply SQL.

• AshishHCMAshishHCM Posts: 334
    edited August 2019

Hi,

Please check if below link helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npr87H2XkCA

Kind Regards

Ashish

• Evan.REvan.R Posts: 19
    edited August 2019

Hi Adil,

You can refer below document for the same.

Fusion Applications OTBI: Guidelines for creating cross subject area analyses in Oracle Transactional BI (OTBI) (Doc ID 1567672.1)

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Evan

• Adil_RAdil_R Posts: 3
    edited August 2019

Thank you everyone. I had forgotten to update this question. your responses are correct, that is how i was able to address the issue. Thank you