• 2,262,400 Discussions
  • 7,900,759 Comments

Discussions

PBCS - Calc Manager rules not found after migration from Dev

User_LFI8B
User_LFI8B Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
edited Jul 3, 2019 2:47AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue with some of our Calc Manager rules. We first created these Calc Manager rules in development and assigned them to run on Save of certain data forms. Once the data forms and Calc Manager rules were tested we took a backup of the data forms and Calc Manager rules to migrate to production. Then downloaded the snapshot from development and uploaded it to production so that they all can be imported there. The import was successful without any errors. After the import we are able to see the data forms and the Calc manager rules are attached to the data forms as expected. Also, we are able to see all the Calc manager rules in the list under Navigator -> Rules and also under Rules Security. When the data forms are used and saved the Calc manager rules are also launching and we can see that in the Job Console. The problem is that we are not able to see these Calc manager rules in the Calc Manager not sure why. We also checked the Deployment view and System view to see if they are there but they are missing.

I am not sure what is the cause of this issue. We would like to edit and update those Calc manager rules in production and for that we should be able to see them in the Calc Manager but we are not able to.

Please share your thoughts about this issue and help resolve it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tagged:
User_LFI8B

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Jun 28, 2019 3:48AM

If your snapshot definitely includes the rules at the Calc Manager level and you are having problems then you can also export/import them directly in Calc Manager.

pastedImage_0.png

Chers

John

User_LFI8B
  • User_LFI8B
    User_LFI8B Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
    edited Jun 28, 2019 6:44PM

Thank you for your inputs John.

I double checked the snapshot and the Calc Manager rules and data forms were in it and the migration status report showed that it completed without errors. But still, I couldn't locate the rules in Calc Manager. I tried to use your idea of exporting (from Dev) and importing (In Prod) each rule individually and it worked.

Thank you for the work around. I have used this method in the past when I had to migrate one or two rules but since I was trying to migrate multiple data forms and rules i thought taking a backup and importing would be easier. But looks like there is some issue there and it is not working right. Do you know if this is a bug with PBCS? Any thoughts on why it didn't work?

Thanks again!

• gSlash
    gSlash Member Posts: 86
    edited Jul 3, 2019 2:47AM

We had a similar issue while migrating application artifacts from Dev to QA, when checked with Oracle through SR they recommended to migrate each artifact individually and not everything at once. so we took Calc Manager backup again and migrated it. It worked well !!.

Hope it helps !!