Forum Stats

• 3,838,618 Users
  • 2,262,384 Discussions
  • 7,900,695 Comments

Discussions

Planning Extension - Changing Member Name Possible?

User_XUC2I
User_XUC2I Member Posts: 45 Green Ribbon
edited Jul 1, 2019 1:49PM in Planning and Budgeting

Trying to change existing member name 'Prior' to 'Priorx'.  However when submitted it just creates a new member 'Priorx' and the 'Prior' remains.  I tried adding the 'Operations' column similiar to DM, but to no avail. 

Is there a way to do this or not at this time?

Thanks in advance....

Best Answer

• Pete N
    Pete N Member Posts: 77 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jun 28, 2019 7:29PM Answer ✓

Hey,

Unfortunately through the smartview admin plugin you can't currently rename - it basically does a merge.

Two options:

1) Export the dimension out, update the member names and import again - ticking the box to clear dimensional members. This won't move the data though - so make sure you're dealing with that (or it's a calculated member).

2) If you're in PBCS use the 'new' dimensional editor  (Application -> Dimensions -> Click on a dimension) - I've found it really quick for bulk renames of members. This should also handle updating a member name while keeping the data.

Cheers

Pete

Answers

• Pete N
    Pete N Member Posts: 77 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jun 28, 2019 7:29PM Answer ✓

Hey,

Unfortunately through the smartview admin plugin you can't currently rename - it basically does a merge.

Two options:

1) Export the dimension out, update the member names and import again - ticking the box to clear dimensional members. This won't move the data though - so make sure you're dealing with that (or it's a calculated member).

2) If you're in PBCS use the 'new' dimensional editor  (Application -> Dimensions -> Click on a dimension) - I've found it really quick for bulk renames of members. This should also handle updating a member name while keeping the data.

Cheers

Pete

• User_XUC2I
    User_XUC2I Member Posts: 45 Green Ribbon
    edited Jul 1, 2019 1:49PM

Thanks.   It also will not allow you to assign a new attribute to a member.  If there's one already set, you can change it, but you cannot assign a new one.   Huge fail in my opinion.  Why they would leave that out is beyond me.

Thanks again!