- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 62 Insurance
- 536.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.2K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.7K Cloud Platform
- 109.4K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
Standard DNS migration and Dynamic DNS
Hi everyone, I'm looking for advise and clarification on the migration stuff. I have the following services:
1. Dyn DNS Pro (for a few hosts I want to connect remotely - not really related to my question)
2. Standard DNS
3. Domain Registration
I use Standard DNS for a website I run at home (just for fun - hardly any use.) I have a dynamic IP address and Standard DNS functionality allows me to use dyn's host updater to handle ip address changes automatically.
The email I received for Standard DNS tells me that I need to migrate to Oracle Cloud Services. When I click on the link, it describes the Oracle Service and indicates the following is not offered by the new service:
- Dynamic DNS (Remote Access is not impacted and will remain as is)
I'm not sure what that really means. I would like to read that as - go do the migration and everything will work without any changes on your host side - but technically, I don't know how it would.
As a follow up question, does anyone know the cost of changing services?