• 2,266,360 Discussions
  • 7,911,017 Comments

Discussions

Run Calculations in Data Management

Fabrizia.
Fabrizia. Member Posts: 8 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 2, 2019 11:39AM in Planning and Budgeting

Hi all,

I need to run a business rule right after the data load in PBCS.

I added the calculation in my data load process associating it to my target application I've also set up 2 substitution variables for period and year in my rule.

I expected the rule to run based on the period selected in the POV of data management, how it was in FDMEE, but is not.

Am I missing something? Should I set up some other options?

Thanks,

Fabrizia

Tagged:

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Aug 1, 2019 3:30PM
    3193185 wrote:I expected the rule to run based on the period selected in the POV of data management, how it was in FDMEE, but is not.

Are you talking about the data load rule?, if so that should be based on the period name selected in the POV or the start/end period selected when running from "Data Load Rule", the period name will point to the period mappings to return the year/period.

Also for the period mappings to work the target application period and year dimensions should be set as period and year dimension class.

Cheers

John

• Fabrizia.
    Fabrizia. Member Posts: 8 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 1, 2019 3:47PM
    JohnGoodwin wrote:Are you talking about the data load rule?

Hi John,

No. I'm referring to the business rule associated to the target application.

Best,

Fabrizia

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Aug 1, 2019 3:58PM

The business rule will not run based on the POV period, it is separate, it does not even support runtime variables.

• Jeo123
    Jeo123 Member Posts: 515 Gold Badge
    edited Aug 2, 2019 11:17AM

It's a bit of a complicated work around to do this, but in order to accomplish this, I use event scripts to call batch scripts which run maxl commands.

FDMEE knows the POV, so it pass that to the batch script.  The batch script calls essmsh and executes the maxl script based on the variable it gets passed.

It's not technically running the business rule, but it accomplishes the same.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Aug 2, 2019 11:39AM

The original question is related to the cloud, so currently no custom scripting in Data Management in the cloud.