Forum Stats

• 3,837,697 Users
  • 2,262,286 Discussions
  • 7,900,365 Comments

Discussions

FCCS movements when Account and subaccount used in HFM as separate dimensions to create CF

Catherine Arnold
Catherine Arnold Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
edited Aug 12, 2019 11:32AM in Financial Consolidation

We are moving to FCCS from HFM. Certain cash flow accounts like Fixed Asset Additions was derived in HFM by a rule that pulled the account and subaccount(our Custom2 dimension) to create CF CapEx. We have many CF accounts that used the combination of account and subaccount. How are these subaccounts to be captured in the movements dimension to create CF. I understand that the BS ending balances must be loaded to create change. So for Change in AR, I am OK. But when the CF change is specific to a combination, I am at a loss.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris Badenhorst
    Chris Badenhorst Member Posts: 63 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 12, 2019 6:09AM

Hi

I assume your Custom 2 dimension is being used as the movement dimension in HFM?

In your HFM you have the cash flow movements as accounts? If so, it works differently in FCCS.

In FCCS, the cash flows are sitting in the movement dimension.

Your fixed asset movement member i.e. additions will also sit in the movement dimension. So in FCCS, you will share the member under CF Capex.

A limitation to doing the cash flow in the movement dimension in FCCS, is that you cannot use the same movement members (that you want to use in the cash flow) across accounts, as the cash flows relating to different accounts will sit in different places in the cash flow. I.e. if additions to investments should not roll up to CF Capex, then your investments account cannot use the same additions member as Fixed Assets.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

• Catherine Arnold
    Catherine Arnold Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 12, 2019 11:15AM

Chris -

Thank you for your quick response!

"A limitation to doing the cash flow in the movement dimension in FCCS, is that you cannot use the same movement members (that you want to use in the cash flow) across accounts, as the cash flows relating to different accounts will sit in different places in the cash flow. I.e. if additions to investments should not roll up to CF Capex, then your investments account cannot use the same additions member as Fixed Assets."

Chris - So I see what you are saying. We are trying to build the CF statement within Movements dimension using as much of the functionality as we can. Our C2 HFM dimensions i.e. Additions, Payments are used with different naturals in HFM to create CF via rules. So I may have a Taxes Paid using Payments as well as Pension using the same payments C2 member in HFM, These naturals and C2 subaccounts are directly coming from our ledger.

One of the options being offered is creating rules that will populate the movement CF member using BSaccount->Payments as an example. How are others managing this? I have researched via Oracle and have not been able to find enough information.

Many Thanks!

Cathy

• Chris Badenhorst
    Chris Badenhorst Member Posts: 63 Red Ribbon
    edited Aug 12, 2019 11:32AM

Hi Cathy

Just as a note on member formulas: While you can create member formulas for movement dimension members it is not recommended. It will have a significant impact on consolidation performance.

Not sure if doing it via the rules vs. member formulas will also impact consolidation performance though.

We took the shared movement member route as this is the standard for the seeded cash flow and I guess then the best practice.

Chris.