On January 27th, this site will be read-only as we migrate to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,585 Users
  • 2,269,760 Discussions
  • 7,916,785 Comments

Discussions

How to discover / promote HAS for Oracle Restart in EMCC 13c

3686169 Member Posts: 5
edited Sep 7, 2019 3:19PM in Enterprise Manager

Can anyone advise on how to discover / promote Oracle HAS (High Availability Service containing ASM) for Oracle Restart in EMCC 13c, please?

Answers

• Ian Baugaard
    Ian Baugaard Cape Town, South AfricaMember Posts: 530 Silver Badge
    edited Sep 1, 2019 6:53PM

Hi,

It's pretty straight-forward and the documentation does a good job of outlining the steps you need to follow

Hope this helps

Ian

edited Sep 3, 2019 3:40PM

Hi, Ian:

Thanks a lot for the direction. Actually my issue is the setup for monitoring ASM. NP logging in SQL*Plus with any password as sysdba, but no matter what tried in EMCC console it failed.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_0.png

Any advice / direction / point is appreciated.

Kyle

• Ian Baugaard
    edited Sep 5, 2019 6:31PM

Hi Kyle,

Can you confirm that the ASM instance has been started up with a password file? srvctl config asm should show this.

Next thing would be to check the list of users returned from querying v$pwfile_users. ASMSNMP should be listed in this resultset.

A final thought is that you should (Ideally) be testing connectivity from a remote machine, so perhaps use your client machine and use SQLcl with an EZ connect string to be sure, e.g. sql.exe sys/<your_asm_password_goes_here>@wccdlora01.wcmbp.pri:1800:+ASM as sysdba

Hope this helps

Ian

edited Sep 5, 2019 10:52PM

Hi, Ian:

Thank you so much for your advice which led to the following interesting findings:

• pastedImage_1.png
    • pastedImage_2.png
    • pastedImage_3.png
    • pastedImage_5.png
    • pastedImage_6.png

Obviously the password file is missing in the picture. Any more advice on how to fix the issue, please?

Thanks and regards.

Kyle

• Ian Baugaard
    edited Sep 6, 2019 3:00AM

This is as good a place as any to start

Hope this helps

Ian

edited Sep 6, 2019 2:35PM

Hi, Ian:

Thanks a lot for your direction.

Interesting, no equivalent of the ref doc for Linux, but the following was done on Linux per the ref doc for Windows:

• A password file created for ASM
    • ASM config modified in OCR

pastedImage_4.png

• HAS restarted
    • Logged into ASM as "/ as sysasm", but granting sysasm / sysdba to asmsnmp or sys (as per the doc) both returned, "ORA-01918: user 'ASMSNMP' (or 'SYS') does not exist" and "ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status" in both SQL*Plus and the trace file without any more info.
    • No diff observed in the behavior in both SQL*Plus remote login and ASM discover / promote in EMCC.

Any more advice on what I'm missing, or have to open an SR with Oracle Support?

Thanks.

Kyle

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle IT Operations Management, Architect Houston, TXMember Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Sep 6, 2019 4:50PM

I could be wrong but i think you have to create asmsnmp...

here's a blog i googled once to help a customer with this.

ORACLE, MySQL, POSTGRES BOARD: 12c ASMSNMP user creation in RAC

edited Sep 7, 2019 3:19PM

Really surprised on how weird the thing is going.

pastedImage_1.png