• 3,837,679 Users
  • 2,262,284 Discussions
  • 7,900,354 Comments

Discussions

PBCS File Browser

t.walker
t.walker Member Posts: 9 Red Ribbon
edited Sep 12, 2019 9:58AM in Planning and Budgeting

I need to get a .dat file from after an integration runs.  I know I can find it via the File Browser.  Except I can't find the File Browser.  This is not the Application Overview Import/Export Explorer.  Can anyone help me with the navigation or is this some access related issue?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 12, 2019 3:11AM Answer ✓

It is probably easiest to use EPM Automate to list and download the dat files. I am not sure which file browser you are referring to there is the option to browse for files if you have a load rule which a file source, alternatively if you go to export/import mappings there is the file browser, you can locate a file and download.

pastedImage_0.png

The other one is as you mentioned in application overview.

Cheers

John

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 12, 2019 3:11AM Answer ✓

It is probably easiest to use EPM Automate to list and download the dat files. I am not sure which file browser you are referring to there is the option to browse for files if you have a load rule which a file source, alternatively if you go to export/import mappings there is the file browser, you can locate a file and download.

pastedImage_0.png

The other one is as you mentioned in application overview.

Cheers

John

• t.walker
    t.walker Member Posts: 9 Red Ribbon
    edited Sep 12, 2019 9:58AM

I will look into getting EPM Automate.  In the meantime, I was able to find the files via the Data Load Mapping.  Marked your answer as correct.  Included the navigation below to help anyone else who might need detailed help.

Navigator > Integration > Data Management. 

Workflow tab > Data Load > Data Load Mapping.

Set the location (Not sure if this step is necessary, but better safe than sorry) 

Export > Export Current Dimension.  (Don’t worry about what dimension is selected, it just forces the file location system to open)

File Navigator on the left hand side of popup. Explore as desired.