• 2,264,484 Discussions
  • 7,905,944 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE target_dimension_name_org field

Meenakshi Rajagopalan
Meenakshi Rajagopalan Member Posts: 12 Red Ribbon
edited Sep 16, 2019 6:12AM in Financial Data Management

Hi,

In FDMEE, for Planning target application, i do see Target_Dimension_Name_Org as 'Generic' for Product custom dimension. I want this as Product. Please let me know where should i correct this from end?

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Sep 16, 2019 3:25AM

I take it you are referring to FDMEE dimension database table when you mention "TARGET_DIMENSION_NAME_ORG"?

If it is planning custom dimension then there is nothing wrong with it being defined as Generic, there is no dimension class for Product.

This is defined within the target application in FDMEE.

pastedImage_1.png

Cheers

John

• Meenakshi Rajagopalan
    edited Sep 16, 2019 3:33AM

Hi John,

Thanks for the response.

In my case, target dimension name org is showing as Generic. Dimension class also generic.

So, just want to know to change the dimension name org from generic to Product, where do i need to modify from front end?

fyi, target dimension name field is Product. Only Target dimension name org is different(gen

• Meenakshi Rajagopalan
    edited Sep 16, 2019 3:34AM

I refer the FDMEE database fields Target_dimension_name_org and Target_dimension_name.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 16, 2019 3:41AM

Any changes to the dimensions are done from the Target Application definition in FDMEE. Data Management > Setup > Target Application

• Meenakshi Rajagopalan
    edited Sep 16, 2019 3:52AM

Database values:

pastedImage_0.png

Target application setup

pastedImage_1.png

So, i am expecting both target_dimension_name and target_dimension_name_org should display as Product. But, *org is showing as generic.

That is happening only in Production. Remaining envi are as expected.

Not sure what is causing this happen.

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 16, 2019 4:36AM

Usually there is only one record for the dimension if the query is looking at a single application, you are displaying two, first one looks correct

• Meenakshi Rajagopalan
    edited Sep 16, 2019 4:43AM

I did not filter on application. The first one is for custom application and the second is the planning application on which we are having issue.

However, when i update dimension_class from front_end, the field Target_dimension_name_org also getting updated in backend.

So, if i do refresh metadata, will it fix my issue if someone manually updated from backend?

Many thanks.

• Meenakshi Rajagopalan
    edited Sep 16, 2019 4:45AM

To add with above context, Or, Do i again need to fix only via backend?

• JohnGoodwin
    edited Sep 16, 2019 6:12AM

You have to be careful if you refresh metadata because if there is a problem with the values in the table it might try to add an extra dimension with the same name but different UD column.

One option would be to delete the dimension in the target app in FDMEE, don't save, then run a metadata refresh, check the table, see if has been corrected.

It might be easier to update it to the correct value in the table, but you would need to be sure that it is definitely correct.

Before making any changes make sure you have a backup and a plan in case of issues.