• 3,874,901 Users
  • 2,266,788 Discussions
  • 7,911,999 Comments

Discussions

Error message on Nightly Backups

Kim Harrelson
Kim Harrelson Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 31, 2019 12:02PM in Enterprise Manager

I use Enterprise manager to run backups on our database, one backup is stored locally and one goes to the cloud. Both backups are dying every night to Error evaluating parameter sources/security checks/locks ORA-20224: Could not resolve instance for cluster/redundancy group <databaseName>:rac_database. I've tried restarting the agents on both of the oda nodes. I've tried restarting OMS. I've tried power cycling both database nodes. Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

Any recommendations would be great,

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle Member Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Oct 31, 2019 10:25AM Answer ✓

Knowing the DB and EM version would help here.   You can try this, but if it doesn't resolve the issue, i would open an SR.   You can also test a regular job (sql select) against the target and see if that fails.

Download here:   EMDIAG REPVFY Kit for Cloud Control 12c, 13c - Download, Install/De-Install and Upgrade (Doc ID 1426973.1)

Usage here:  Note 421563.1 EMDiagkit - How to Use the Repository Diagnostics

Run the command

repvfy verify -level 9 -details

Review the dump log ($EMDIAG_HOME/LOG/details<timestamp>.log) and verify if the following test numbers were reported:

206. Hostname and EMD_URL mismatches (7507446): 1

211. Redundant Master Agents defined for RAC (8638231): 1

If so, run the following fix routines:

repvfy verify targets -test 211 -fix

repvfy verify targets -test 206 -fix

Answers