Forum Stats

• 3,873,432 Users
  • 2,266,573 Discussions
  • 7,911,533 Comments

Discussions

OEM 13.2 Critical error err=3 detected in module JobDispatcher on startup. OMS is fine.

KarenM54
KarenM54 Member Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 31, 2019 11:20AM in Enterprise Manager

trying to start OEM 13.2 oms, getting error: Critical error err=3 detected in module JobDispatcher with no additional information. Checked the OMS repository, and it's fine.

Best Answer

• KarenM54
    edited Oct 14, 2019 12:43PM Answer ✓

I think I found the problem, although it might not be globally applicable. The oms repository backups had failed, causing the FRA to get really close to full. Not enough to lock up the database nor produce alert log errors, but enough to stop the BI Publisher from starting up. Once I got the problem with the backup corrected, and the FRA cleared, the oms started without error.

Thank you.

Answers

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Oct 14, 2019 12:26PM

Hi Karen,

It is not early to confirm the problem with the error message.

We have to validate the logs to determine the cause of the OMS start failure.

<EM INSTANCE HOME>/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log/   emctl.log & emctl.msg files.

<EM INSTANCE HOME>/user_projects/domains/GCDomain/servers/EMGC_OMS*/logs/     EMGC_OMS1.out file.

These logs should help us to determine the problem.

Best Regards,
    Venkat

• KarenM54
    edited Oct 14, 2019 12:43PM Answer ✓

I think I found the problem, although it might not be globally applicable. The oms repository backups had failed, causing the FRA to get really close to full. Not enough to lock up the database nor produce alert log errors, but enough to stop the BI Publisher from starting up. Once I got the problem with the backup corrected, and the FRA cleared, the oms started without error.

Thank you.

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Oct 14, 2019 12:49PM

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue is solved!!

Regards,
    Venkat