Forum Stats

• 3,874,905 Users
  • 2,266,789 Discussions
  • 7,912,003 Comments

Discussions

Not receiving notifications for alert log errors?

Charles M
Charles M Member Posts: 809 Silver Badge
edited Oct 31, 2019 11:05AM in Enterprise Manager

Hi All -

I had thought that we have configured to receive alerts for error entries in the 'alert log'. But, we have had some deadlock errors occur (which were written to the alert log) and no alerts/notifications are getting generated. I was hoping someone could help understand why.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

We are receiving notifications for other metrics. Any thoughts?

Version 13.2.0.0.0

Regards,

Charles

Answers

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle Member Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Oct 31, 2019 11:05AM

From the screenshot it appears that you have disabled both the Alert Log and DB Alert Log metrics?   This will mean they will not collect/run the check, so no notifications will happen.

I would suggest reviewing this MOS note as it explains the metrics and how they apply to various DB and EM versions.  You will only need one enabled.   The DB Alert Log most likely.   That also depends on your DB version.  If your DB version is 12.2 or 18c, there may be a patch needed for timestamp changes.   So if this note doesn't help, i'd open an SR to have support evaluate the current patches.

EM 13c, EM 12c: Database Alert Log Monitoring in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and Alert Log Metrics Explained (Doc ID 1538482.1)

Charles M