• 2,266,991 Discussions
  • 7,912,375 Comments

Discussions

Change duration for rules

User_MLKOT
User_MLKOT Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 31, 2019 9:20AM in Enterprise Manager

Hi All,

I'm Working with the management cloud and I'm trying to monitor the Windows server's availability. I've installed an agent and set up an availability rule that gives me a notification if the system has been down for more than 30 minutes. Is there something I can do to change that time to 1 or 2 minutes? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Oct 30, 2019 9:28AM

Hi,

Yes!! It is possible.

When you have created an Incident Rule in the last page "Add Actions" you have a section "Add Conditional Actions".

Under this select the Radio button "Only execute the actions if specified conditions match"

Under this again select the Radio button "Event has been open for specified duration"

Here you have an option to select the time duration "Event has been open for"

Best Regards,

Venkat

• User_MLKOT
    User_MLKOT Member Posts: 2 Red Ribbon
    edited Oct 30, 2019 8:20PM

Hi Venkata,

Thanks for the reply but I cannot find any Incident rule creation section in Management cloud application. I can see the alert rule and when I add the availability condition in the alert rule, there is no option for duration.

Thanks

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle Member Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Oct 31, 2019 9:20AM

First, the best place to post questions for Oracle Management Cloud is in the Cloud Community Forum.  This one has mostly people using Enterprise Manager so you'll get conflicting information as above.

The Oracle team monitors both - https://cloudcustomerconnect.oracle.com/resources/685e6a4483/summary

To answer your question, Duration is not available for Availability alerts.   Currently this is an immediate only.   As you can see, it's set in the Alert Conditions on the Process Limit metric below.   The duration won't actually do what you're wanting though.   It would delay the alert to see if the agent remained down for 5 min etc.    

The concern you have is to shorten the time window.   This has been adjusted for most data centers to 5 min.  Some of the tenants are still require manual intervention.  If you can log an SR, include your tenant URL and ask to reduce agent/host downtime to 5 min, then send me a private message w/ the SR #, I can follow up and see if this can be done.

pastedImage_0.png