Forum Stats

• 3,815,220 Users
  • 2,258,979 Discussions
  • 7,893,004 Comments

Discussions

sql monitoring page is missing query start and ended columns in enterprise manager 13.3

Gothman
Gothman Member Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon
edited Nov 1, 2019 9:56AM in Enterprise Manager

I've got the 13.3 em release installed and updated the agent plugins to the latest releases but I'm looking at various db targets (of different versions) and I am noticing that the query start/ended columns on the sql monitoring page are no longer there. Were these columns purposely removed? Is there a way to add the columns back? They've always been extremely important for quickly finding problem queries. Removing the start/ended columns makes this performance page far less valuable and seems like a choice made by someone with zero dba experience..

Answers

• Gothman
    Gothman Member Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon
    edited Oct 31, 2019 7:26PM

When checking 11.2 database targets I see the start/end datetime columns but when I check 12.1 and 12.2 database targets I don't see those columns now, even clicked the drop down to scope the page to the container db and the plug-able. I hope there's an ez fix to add these columns.

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle Member Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Nov 1, 2019 9:12AM

I'm not seeing a way to add the columns back, but i did notice that if you hover over the Duration, it shows the start/end time.  I don't have an 11g db to test against right now, but what I would suggest is logging an SR and asking them to log a bug/ER to add the columns back in and provide some details as to why you need them in columns vs as a pop up - like ability to sort by start time/end time, etc...

pastedImage_0.png

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Nov 1, 2019 9:56AM

Hi,

Yes those columns were removed with the new JET page implementation.

The following ER was filed for this requirement:

Enh 30493065 - SQL Monitoring Page in JET missing Start & Ended Columns

For validation and workaround purpose you always have an option to move back to FLASH page using the following command:

./emctl set property -sysman_pwd <SYSMAN_Password> -name oracle.sysman.db.ena_flash.perf_home -value true

This command will load the Performance Home & SQL Monitoring pages in Flash.

You can revert back to the JET pages again with the following command:

./emctl set property -sysman_pwd <SYSMAN_Password> -name oracle.sysman.db.ena_flash.perf_home -value false

NOTE: No OMS restart is needed for these commands.

Best Regards,
    Venkat