Forum Stats

• 3,815,709 Users
  • 2,259,070 Discussions
  • 7,893,213 Comments

Discussions

'Manage Target Event' privilege is required to trigger advanced notification for targets

User_9MD5H
User_9MD5H Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
edited Nov 1, 2019 3:25PM in Enterprise Manager

Hi,

I want to use OS command option in incident rule to generate a text file output on host when ever any incident occurs and when it generate alert from OEM.

To generate a text file to push this Incident generated email subject and body text, I have created a shell script on the OEM host.  Registered this script under OEM Setup>Notifications>Scripts and SNMPv1 Traps.

I am trying to call this script from incident rule and trying to link this at "Add Actions" page "Advanced Notifications" section.

But there I saw a note as follows at "Add Actions" of Incident rules, under "Add Conditional Actions" section "Advanced Notifications" sub-section.

Advanced Notifications

The 'Manage Target Event' privilege is required to trigger advanced notification for targets.

I tried to grant this "Manage Target Event" privilege to sysman user from sys user in the OEM database. Got an error ORA-01919 : role 'Manage Target Event' does not exists.

Can anyone help me what this privilege is? how to grant? and from whom to whom?

Thanks,

Suresh Neravati.

Answers