Forum Stats

• 3,875,200 Users
  • 2,266,858 Discussions
  • 7,912,106 Comments

Discussions

It is possible to monitoring one exadata machine with two Entreprise manager 13c?

Giuliano Fernandez
Giuliano Fernandez Member Posts: 13
edited Nov 10, 2019 6:22AM in Enterprise Manager

Hi everyone, i have a question.. if i have one target in enterprise manager 13c, in this case an Exadata database machine (with all their targets discovered). can i monitoring from two Enterprise manager 13c installations ? with the same agent or installing another agent? i ask this because as i know. the agent uses the port 3872 and 4903 for send and receive data from the EM13c. if i want to monitor this machine with 2 different installations of EM13c, i need to use another port? is possible to use the same agent? i need to install another agent in a different port?

Thanks.

Answers

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Nov 4, 2019 8:58AM

Hi,

1. You can not have 2 agents pointing to a same OMS as the agent is tightly coupled with OMS.

2. You also can not have 2 agents on the same host as the HOST target will have the same name and this would lead to issues.

3. You can install 2nd agent by stopping the 1st agent and by using a different port.

4. If you have a Physical & Virtual Hostnames, then Yes, you can have one agent installed with Physical Hostname & Other agent installed with Virtual Hostname.

Best Regards,
    Venkat

• Giuliano Fernandez
    edited Nov 4, 2019 10:48AM

My question is, can i have an exadata machine monitored by 2 different installations of enterprise manager 13c?

• Giuliano Fernandez
    edited Nov 4, 2019 10:54AM

I have one OEM13c in a datacenter and another one in other datacenter.

In both DC's i have multiple exadata machines and i want to monitoring all the machines with both OEM13c.

Obviously both datacenters are visible from network and OEMS have the rules in network to see both DC's and OEMS between them.

Can i have this "High Availability" topology for monitoring all the machines with the two OEMS?

edited Nov 4, 2019 11:00AM

Hi,

1. You have 1st OEM13c on HOST A.

2. You have 2nd OEM13c on HOST B.

3. Now you want to monitor your Exadata Machines on HOST C using both OEM on Host A & Host B.

If the above is the requirement. Then yes, you can do that by installing 2 Agents on Host C as below:

a. 1st Agent with 3872 port pointing to Host A OEM13c.

b. 2nd Agent with 4903 port pointing to Host B OEM13c.

In this case you do not have any issues in monitoring.

Best Regards,
    Venkat

• Giuliano Fernandez
    edited Nov 4, 2019 11:10AM

Sorry, i can't understand what are you saying, what are you saying with HOST C.

What are you saying in host A and host B is what i have, I have 2 instances of EM13c.

Let me explain my today's topology

HOST A= monitoring EXADATA 1,2 and 3

HOST B= monitoring EXADATA 4,5 and 6

What i want is:

HOST A= monitoring EXADATA 1,2,3,4,5 and 6

HOST B= monitoring EXADATA 1,2,3,4,5 and 6

For make this topology, i need to install an additional agent in all exadatas? do you have a support note or something for read some information about this?

Thanks a lot!

Giuliano

edited Nov 4, 2019 11:31AM

Hi Giuliano,

Yes!! I understand your requirement and i have taken the example of Host C for 1 exadata.

Again the answer is YES!! but i do not think there will be any specific document which explains the usecase you are asking. But you can have 2 agents on the same exadata host one pointing to EM on Host 1& other agent pointing to EM on Host 2.

Only thing you need to take care is install agent using different ports and you should not have any issues with agent installation + Exadata target monitoring.

Best Regards,

Venkat

• Giuliano Fernandez
    edited Nov 4, 2019 11:57AM

Great!! Thanks for your time.

I will try this in my lab environment.

Regards,

Giuliano

edited Nov 4, 2019 12:01PM

Sure Giuliano,

It should work without issues as the agents will be pointed to different OMS and thus the target information stored would be in a different Repository DB.

So no conflicts in the targets info.

You can monitor the environment as described without issues.

Best Regards,

Venkat

• Giuliano Fernandez
    edited Nov 4, 2019 12:25PM

Yes, Both EM13c instances haves their own Db repository and OMS. if i point the exadatas on HOST A to HOST B they are writing on different DB's and OMS's

• Giuliano Fernandez
    edited Nov 7, 2019 5:13PM

Hi Venkat, im trying to deploy the second agent in the host and have the EM_UPLOAD_PORT error, is possible to change it for another port?.

As i know, the port 4903 is being used for the first agent. now, im trying to deploy the second agent using port 1803. but i can't change the upload port on the cloud console agent deployment page.

Thanks