• 2,252,732 Discussions
  • 7,874,385 Comments

Discussions

Java Advanced Management Console Desktop Group Creation Issue

dranrab
dranrab Member Posts: 2
edited Jan 13, 2020 3:04PM in Enterprise Manager

Hello,

I am trying to create a Desktop Group in AMC. I have been using the AMC admin guide to create the import file. https://docs.oracle.com/javacomponents/advanced-management-console-2/user-guide/desktop-groups-configuration.htm#JSAMV20… 

My goal is to create a desktop group to filter with for removing Java from a specific list of computers.My csv file looks like the example below. I keep getting a bad request message on the Group Value field. I have tried several different text combinations in the field and it always gets the bad request error. What am I doing wrong or missing?

In the example provided in the Admin Guide, they use country names as the group variable where I am using a text variable which is the version I plan to uninstall. (I don't care if my group shows the version that I want to remove as the name. It will be deleted after the removal. My goal is a text field I can filter on. I know the Java version that is installed on each host.).

Example csv:

hostname.domain.com,java1.6

hostname.domain.com,java1.7

pastedImage_1.png

Error message:

pastedImage_3.png

Best Answer

• dranrab
    edited Jan 13, 2020 3:04PM Accepted Answer

I figured out my issue. The error was caused by duplicate hosts in the hostname column. I had to create two groups to accomplish my task.

It would have been nice if the error message would have said duplicate values instead of bad request with text from the group column instead of the data from the hostname column. 

Answers

• dranrab
    edited Jan 13, 2020 3:04PM Accepted Answer

I figured out my issue. The error was caused by duplicate hosts in the hostname column. I had to create two groups to accomplish my task.

It would have been nice if the error message would have said duplicate values instead of bad request with text from the group column instead of the data from the hostname column.