Forum Stats

• 3,875,203 Users
  • 2,266,862 Discussions
  • 7,912,106 Comments

Discussions

How to define an absence accrual plan by management level?

Cecilia-Oracle
Cecilia-Oracle Member Posts: 24 Employee
edited Jan 15, 2020 3:22AM in HCM Cloud Service

As the management level is not included in the entities in the expression builder, can we create Fast Formula to get the management level (defined in the job) for the accrual calculation? If yes, the accrual definition defined in absence plan should be "formula" instead of "matrix", right? Please advise.

Thank you very much!

Answers

• AshishHCM
    AshishHCM Oracle HCM Cloud Solution Architect Member Posts: 334 Bronze Crown
    edited Jan 15, 2020 12:21AM

Yes thats correct, but if you configure things via UI why would you create a Fast Formula

Kind Regards

Ashish

• Cecilia-Oracle
    edited Jan 15, 2020 2:02AM

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for the reply.

I need to create a fast formula because the management level is not included in the entities, thus accrual matrix could not be use.

And I would like to further ask which type of the absence accrual formula should be created, would it be "Global absence accrual formula"?

As I checked the fast formula guide and found that most of the formula is applied when accrual matrix option is being selected, one of the example as below,

Global Absence Accrual Formula

This formula type can be used to define the bands that identify how much paid time eligible workers accrue over the course of an accrual period. The criteria may be years of service, grades, hours worked etc. However, use this formula only if using the accrual matrix option and if its corresponding formulas do not meet the requirement.

Please advise, thank you.

Best regards,

Cecilia

• Cecilia-Oracle
    edited Jan 15, 2020 3:08AM

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would also like to ask how to retrieve a value for accrual calculation if the value have to be retrieve from more than 1 table.

In this case, the annual leave accrual will be based on management level, which defined in the jobs. (i.e. It has to first look at the employee's assignment for the job, and look at the respective job table for the management level) How could the fast formula being write to retrieve the corresponding value.

Assignment: Table: PER_ALL_ASSIGNMENTS_M, Column JOB_ID

Relation between these two tables: JOB_ID

Job: Table: PER_JOBS_F Column: MANAGER_LEVEL

I'm now trying to revise Global absence accrual formula from grade to management level, while I don't know how could the above relation being reflected into the fast formula,

/******************************************************************************

FORMULA NAME: ANC_ACRL

FORMULA TYPE: Global Absence Accrual

DESCRIPTION: This formula returns the accrual and carryover limit for workers enrolled into Vacation plan differentiated based on their assignment job's management level

Change History:

Name Date Version  Comments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracle 15-Jan-2020 DRAFT 1A Initial Version

*******************************************************************************/

DEFAULT FOR PER_ASG_GRADE_NAME IS 'Associate'

DEFAULT FOR PER_ASG_FTE_VALUE IS 1

accrual = 0

carryover = 0

prorationFactor = 1

carryOverProration = 1

IF (PER_ASG_GRADE_NAME = 'AMandBelow')

THEN

(accrual = 14)

IF (PER_ASG_GRADE_NAME = 'Manager')

THEN

(accrual = 16)

IF (PER_ASG_GRADE_NAME = 'SeniorManager')

THEN

(accrual = 18)

IF (PER_ASG_GRADE_NAME = 'DGMandAbove')

THEN

(accrual = 21)

carryover = carryover * PER_ASG_FTE_VALUE

accrual = accrual * PER_ASG_FTE_VALUE

RETURN accrual, carryover

Would you please advise, thank you.

Best regards,

Cecilia

• AshishHCM
    AshishHCM Oracle HCM Cloud Solution Architect Member Posts: 334 Bronze Crown
    edited Jan 15, 2020 3:22AM

You can make use of table value set ( it can have Sql which can have query consisting of multiple table)