• 3,769,826 Users
  • 2,253,026 Discussions
  • 7,875,217 Comments

Discussions

C:/cygwin/bin/sh: C:cygwinbinchmod.exe: command not found

3534837 Member Posts: 3
edited Apr 6, 2020 8:40AM in Enterprise Manager

Hi.

Trying to deploy Oracle EM13c agent to any Windows servers from eom running on AIX. According to install documentation I need to install cygwin on windows machines. I suspect the deployment does not handle the environment the correct way, therefore all backslashes do not appear as they should during deployment.

Pushing the binary from AIX oem to the windows runs ok, but the next command chmod fails:

Execution of command C:/cygwin/bin/chmod.exe 755 C:/agent13c/ADATMP_2020-01-14_15-37-10-PM/9C069C7AF69401CEE053AC1E0978AC36 on host vstxorcl01 Failed   

Error Message:C:/cygwin/bin/sh: C:cygwinbinchmod.exe: command not found

Exit Code :127

Anyone experience the same behavior?

Arne

Best Answer

• Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
    Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle Posts: 590 Employee
    edited Jan 16, 2020 7:06AM Accepted Answer

Hi Arne,

There is an internal bug already filed and being worked for this issue.

Bug 28034251 : Agent software is wrongly transferred to Windows host

The workaround that can be used for now is the Silent Instillation Method:

EM 12c, EM 13c: How to Install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Agent in Silent Mode with the agentDeploy.sh Script Using a Response File (Doc ID 1360083.1)

Best Regards,

Venkat

Answers

• Joerg.Sobottka
    Joerg.Sobottka Senior Consultant and Oracle Ace Member Posts: 596 Bronze Trophy
    edited Jan 16, 2020 3:43AM

Sounds like an error with the cygwin installation.

Can you check if the file is there, where windows searches it (bin subdirectory)?

Can you check manually that the normal cygwin commands in batches do run successful?

edited Jan 16, 2020 4:38AM

2020-01-16_10-35-21:INFO: ERR C:/cygwin/bin/sh: C:cygwinbinchmod.exe: command not found

yes everything is there. Local commands works fine, but from the oem it seems as the "/" disappears on it way. I suspect locale or TZ variables messing up on its way to the cygwin environment on the target.

• Joerg.Sobottka
    Joerg.Sobottka Senior Consultant and Oracle Ace Member Posts: 596 Bronze Trophy
    edited Jan 16, 2020 5:23AM

From experience: I never had any cygwin<->OEM problem due to locale or TZ things and the log also doesn't show something like that.

It could be a right problem, from your log I can see, the call seems to have backslashs in, but the return of the cygwin/bin/sh tells, there is a problem.

Have you installed cygwin as administrator for all users, do you have setup the Windows services for opensh with all needed rights?

Can you ssh on your windows machine from the aix server and run linux commands there (touch a file, make a chmod)?

edited Jan 16, 2020 7:06AM Accepted Answer

Hi Arne,

There is an internal bug already filed and being worked for this issue.

Bug 28034251 : Agent software is wrongly transferred to Windows host

The workaround that can be used for now is the Silent Instillation Method:

EM 12c, EM 13c: How to Install Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Agent in Silent Mode with the agentDeploy.sh Script Using a Response File (Doc ID 1360083.1)

Best Regards,

Venkat

edited Jan 16, 2020 8:19AM

Hi.

Not suprised about the bug. Ok, thanks I will do the silent workaround.

edited Jan 16, 2020 8:24AM

Thanks for the update!!

Silent installation should work fine.

Regards,
    Venkat

• User_JL7IE
    User_JL7IE Member Posts: 1
    edited Apr 3, 2020 9:05AM

Bug link doesn't seem to work. Has it been fixed in the meantime, i.e. will an update help?

I'm pretty new to OEM, so I'd appreciate the feedback of the wizard for now.

edited Apr 6, 2020 8:40AM

Hi,

No, the bug not fixed yet. It is still being worked by internal teams.

As the bug is internal, it will not be visible.

If you are hitting this bug, the workaround that can be used for now is the Silent Instillation Method:

Even these steps are simple. You can just go through the document i have provided above.

Best Regards,

Venkat

• User_XG7SJ
    User_XG7SJ Member Posts: 1 Green Ribbon
    edited Jan 28, 2021 2:02PM

Hi Venkat,

Could you please say if this bug is still not fixed? I installed 13.4.0.9 RU but still facing this issue.

Error Message:C:/cygwin64/bin/sh: C:cygwin64binchmod.exe: command not found 

Exit Code :127

I know about the workaround and I can install agent in the silent mode without any issues. But my customer insists that he wants to be able to install agents on the Windows targets as any other normal people using the wizard that EMCC provides in the interface. It is about a year had passed since the last post in this topic (since your update). Is it really so hard to fix this bug and make people happy?

wbr,

Denis