• 2,262,594 Discussions
  • 7,901,249 Comments

Discussions

How to find latest Jan PSU patch for 11g and 12c oracl homes

User_1C8GB
User_1C8GB Member Posts: 3 Blue Ribbon
edited Jan 22, 2020 8:44AM in Database Security - General

Hi

I want to download and apply Jan 2020 PSU patch for 11g and 12c oracle homes.

I have the meta link access. I need following help.

1) How to identify whether latest Jan PSU patch has been released or not.

2) In case patches released then how to download correct psu patch for following OS and DB version detail (IBM - AIX - 64 Bit, Oracle 11.2.0.4.0 and 12.1.0.2)

Kindly help me.

Best Answer

• Bernd Eckenfels
    Bernd Eckenfels Member Posts: 90
    edited Jan 21, 2020 12:42PM Answer ✓

On MOS there is a "Patches & Updates" Tab, if you go there on the left sides are shortcuts including "Latest Patchsets". With mouse-over you can select "Database" and "AIX". There you can modify the "patch type" from "patchset" to "patch" and press go. Thats my prefered way (you may need to sort by date).

However I guess you can also register products and get it from OEM console or save the search for repeatet use.

Personally I always read the CPU announcements and navigate from there to the possible patches/RUs.

Answers

• Bernd Eckenfels
    Bernd Eckenfels Member Posts: 90
    edited Jan 21, 2020 12:42PM Answer ✓

On MOS there is a "Patches & Updates" Tab, if you go there on the left sides are shortcuts including "Latest Patchsets". With mouse-over you can select "Database" and "AIX". There you can modify the "patch type" from "patchset" to "patch" and press go. Thats my prefered way (you may need to sort by date).

However I guess you can also register products and get it from OEM console or save the search for repeatet use.

Personally I always read the CPU announcements and navigate from there to the possible patches/RUs.

• User_1C8GB
    User_1C8GB Member Posts: 3 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jan 22, 2020 8:44AM

Thank you for the details. I found the latest patch set update.