• 3,825,929 Users
  • 2,260,581 Discussions
  • 7,896,738 Comments

Discussions

FDMEE loads monitoring outside FDMEE

rangs_obi
rangs_obi Member Posts: 8
edited Feb 12, 2020 1:59PM in Financial Data Management

Hello Hyperion experts.. Is there a way we can monitor the FDMEE load at which step the current load is running and such details without logging into FDMEE. I have a group of users

who would need to know the load status (exact step of the fish) of all current loads and IT cannot grant them access to FDMEE, rather we want to pull that information from FDMEE repository

and display outside FDMEE as a report. Is that possible ? Is there a way in which we can capture the load status and granular details from Hyperion repository. And yes email notifications of start and end of the loads

is not acceptable solution. We are on 11.1.2.4 version Thanks !

Best Answer

• user6692921
    user6692921 Member Posts: 179 Silver Badge
    edited Feb 7, 2020 4:45AM Answer ✓

As John says the information you would need is in the table TLOGPROCESS. As I see it you have a number of choices:

1. Create a Jython FDMEE custom script to read the TLOGPROCESS table which then creates the output (probably Excel)

2. Create a link to your FDMEE database from Excel and pull the data directly into a spreadsheet

3. Automate (and maybe modify) an existing Process Monitor Report

They all have their pros and cons. The easiest will be number 3 - you just have to devise a method of automating the production of the report (off the top f my head - drop a file as a trigger into a folder, a Windows batch file monitors that folder, when the file exists an FDMEE batch is called logging on as an automation user and the output file from the report is then saved to a folder). You can encrypt the automation user's password so you are not giving the group of users any logon info to FDMEE.

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    edited Feb 7, 2020 3:10AM

Have a look at the tables in the FDMEE database starting with AIF_PROCESS_*

If you want to know the status in the workflow then have a look at TLOGPROCESS

Cheers

John

• user6692921
    user6692921 Member Posts: 179 Silver Badge
    edited Feb 7, 2020 4:45AM Answer ✓

As John says the information you would need is in the table TLOGPROCESS. As I see it you have a number of choices:

1. Create a Jython FDMEE custom script to read the TLOGPROCESS table which then creates the output (probably Excel)

2. Create a link to your FDMEE database from Excel and pull the data directly into a spreadsheet

3. Automate (and maybe modify) an existing Process Monitor Report

They all have their pros and cons. The easiest will be number 3 - you just have to devise a method of automating the production of the report (off the top f my head - drop a file as a trigger into a folder, a Windows batch file monitors that folder, when the file exists an FDMEE batch is called logging on as an automation user and the output file from the report is then saved to a folder). You can encrypt the automation user's password so you are not giving the group of users any logon info to FDMEE.

• rangs_obi
    rangs_obi Member Posts: 8
    edited Feb 12, 2020 1:58PM

Thank you John and  user6692921 for the leads. I see two tables tlogprocess , tlogprocessstates that start with TLOG in the repository DB and i'm trying to understand the tables

and we will see if the required information is captured in these tables, If we are able to figure out the select query we will most likely use that and connect from an reporting tool

in the landscape and provide the users access to the report that refreshes on demand.