• 2,266,991 Discussions
  • 7,912,376 Comments

Discussions

Execution log of OEM-job misses first part of log

DikkieDick
DikkieDick Member Posts: 14 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 27, 2020 10:37AM in Enterprise Manager

Hi,

We have a bunch of jobs running from Enterprise Manager. That's working fine and jobs complete successfully. As the joboutput has valuable information I get a mail with the execution log. Only the first part is in one way or another missing. And there is absolutely no clue why and how. Sometimes it's missing an extra line compared to the day before. I tried putting a bunch of empty lines in the output (sqlstatements), but that didn't solve the issue.

It's quite annoying and can't find a cause or reason. Any ideas?

When I see the log of the job in OEM itself it shows 'everything'

Thanx in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle Member Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Feb 7, 2020 9:19AM

Have you logged an SR with this issue and provided examples?  If not, I would suggest you start there as there really is no way to tell what's going on without some deeper diagnostics.

• DikkieDick
    edited Feb 10, 2020 2:22AM

No not yet. I use the forum as a start to see if someone else has encountered the same issue and has already a solution, but I will do the latter.

• DikkieDick
    edited Feb 13, 2020 7:00AM

And I received a reply on my SR. The mail-message-limit is restricted to only 4K so that explains why a part is missing. Message is 'too' big, even in the long format. Modified the job, so that the output will fit better within 4k and the mail contains all valuable information.

• Courtney Llamas-Oracle
    Courtney Llamas-Oracle Member Posts: 782 Employee
    edited Feb 27, 2020 10:37AM

Did they provide a workaround, perhaps a query to get the rest of the info?   I would say request an enhancement to either capture the entire log, or allow it to store the output as a json/text file that can be obtained somehow.