• 2,253,155 Discussions
  • 7,875,553 Comments

Discussions

Smart Export of mapping includes an unwanted datastore I can't find anywhere

Marty McFly
Marty McFly Member Posts: 1
edited Feb 10, 2020 1:57PM in Data Integrator

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum (first post!) and new (about 6 months experience) to the world of ODI (we run ODI Studio 12c). I'm having an issue that we're trying to resolve in house with no luck and am hoping someone can provide some help or insight.

I have a Mapping that I am exporting to a zip file using the "Smart Export" feature. After I drag my Mapping over to the "Objects to be Exported" window and let it do its thing, I noticed it picks up a totally separate Datastore. After export, I can see it referenced in the "Smart Export Report" that is generated after the export. The unwanted Datastore shows up as a Datastore object used by the Mapping I'm exporting. A second unwanted Datastore shows up as well; they are related as one represents our composite view while the other represents our composite table.

The only thing I can think of is that we typically take an existing Mapping and duplicate it when making a new one, which is what I did. But it was months ago, and I don't recall if I selected the mapping that uses these two unwanted Datastores or not (there's a good chance I did). Well, I've gone through the Mapping and the Datastores with a fine-toothed comb, trying to find any potential "leftover" reference to the other unwanted Mapping/Datastore, but I can't find anything. I am at a complete loss as to what to check next.

Suggestions/ideas?

Thanks so much!

McFly<--

Tagged: